Introducing Myself

Photo7360

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I don't quite know what to say. My name is Dana. I basically grew up with a camera in my hands. The hobby turned into a career in the mid 90s. So now I'm a professional photographer. Which kind is kind of weird. If someone had told me I would do that for a profession when I was young I probably would have laughed.

I use only Nikon equipment but believe that is a personal choice. What matters if the equipment works well for the person using it. I have both film and digital cameras. I also have an underwater digital camera.

I'm from the Pacific Northwest and still live here. It's a great place for photography.

I've been using Photoshop since it's first version in the 80s so I don't really know much about other graphics programs. I use Nikon View and Transfer to transfer shots from the card to my computer. I like the Nikon View contact sheet and use only that for a contact sheet.

I'm a huge fan of the Nik Collection of plugins. If you don't have it, I highly recommend it. It's free. You'll love it especially the Viveza plugin.

I am looking forward to having some good conversations about photography and hopefully learn new things.

Welcome Dana! I use the Nik plugins. It is no longer free. DxO purchased Nik.

Welcome Dana! I use the Nik plugins. It is no longer free. DxO purchased Nik.

Hello CherylL.

I was first introduced to the Nik plug ins around 2013. I was invited to a presentation of it here in my area. A banquet room full of photographers and graphic artists at the Hilton here. When Viveza was demonstrated the whole room gasped. I heard some say "finally, someone wrote the program."

They sold it there at the presentation. All of it was separate. I bought the Viveza. I can still get it free. Only because I got back that far with the program and paid full price for it.

I'm sad to hear it's not free anymore. It is worth every penny though.

Hello. How are you today? How long have you been taking photos?

Got my first SLR in the mid 80's, an Olympus OM30 (still have it but the winder is broken). Got into digital in the early 2000's

I got my first SLR in the 70s. A Nikon EM. I still have it. I've always used Nikon equipment so I now have a bit of a collection of cameras.

I can't sell or give away any of my equipment.

I bought my first digital at the end of 2004.

Hiya welcome
I use to use film but when I came back to photography I went digital
P&s then bridge and onto DSLR I am a canon owner, ok don’t shoot me,
Looking forward to seeing some of your images

Hi and welcome...
Also a newb here.

Using Nikons primarily, but like to use my Sony RX100 for P&S stuff... and my iPhone for surprises.

Have several film bodies up to the F100. Most are broken (kids growing up), but a few still work.
Also have an old TLR cam from my pa. Never used it, but it looks cool.

Have a general preference for people stuff, but dabble in landscape and street now and then. Occasionally shoot a bird or moon too... lol.

Hiya welcome
I use to use film but when I came back to photography I went digital
P&s then bridge and onto DSLR I am a canon owner, ok don’t shoot me,
Looking forward to seeing some of your images

Hello.

I'm glad you came back to photography.

I held out on digital until the end of 2004. I kept shooting in both digital and film for a little while but in 2005 I went totally digital.

The only way I would shoot you is with my camera.

I believe that the camera should work well for the person using it. It doesn't matter who made it. I just happen to prefer Nikon. If canon works for you, fantastic.

What type of photos should I upload to this site?

Hi and welcome...
Also a newb here.

Using Nikons primarily, but like to use my Sony RX100 for P&S stuff... and my iPhone for surprises.

Have several film bodies up to the F100. Most are broken (kids growing up), but a few still work.
Also have an old TLR cam from my pa. Never used it, but it looks cool.

Have a general preference for people stuff, but dabble in landscape and street now and then. Occasionally shoot a bird or moon too... lol.

Wow it sounds like you have a lot of cameras.

I bet if you sent the broken ones to Nikon they could repair them. They do a fantastic job but take forever to get it done. Seriously, months. When you do get the camera back, it's like a brand new camera again. Worth the money and time.

I'll take photos of just about everything. Name a subject, I've probably photographed it.

Most reactions

Back