Inversion

Aoide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photine.net
This is a picture from the Inversion House, a project by Art League Houston. They were going to tear down these two old houses anyway so two artists took over and created this art piece. It was only going to be up until the houses were ultimately destroyed to make way for a new Art League building in June. You can get a better idea of what the project looks like HERE.

27609242-M.jpg

Killer!!! I love the perspective. I've passed by those things so many times (the one on Montrose, at least) but I've never gotten the chance to photograph them. I'll have to swing on by sometime after seeing this shot. :D

Scott,
It was a temporary exhibit, so if you want to photograph you'll need to get down there pretty soon. They are tearing it down to build a new Art League building there.

I'll go with what spiralout said about the perspective. Although, with a name like that I'm not surprised he likes it. :mrgreen:
Nice tones.

Erm... I actually found myself moving my head towards the monitor as if I was going into it. :oops:

You could actually crawl through it from beginning to the little hole at the end. Well not me, but younger, skinnier people. :er:

I had someone elsewhere tell me it made them a little dizzy. I think it probably isn't affecting me because I know exactly what it looked like when I shot it. But I love hearing everyone's reactions. :D

ferny said:
I'll go with what spiralout said about the perspective. Although, with a name like that I'm not surprised he likes it. :mrgreen:

:scratch: I'd be offended if I knew what you meant... :p

Aoide, I'm probably going to head down that way today as I have to scout out some sites for bridal and engagement shoots I'm doing in a couple months (freaking out! :pale: ). Weather permitting, I'll see if I can't drag Joe down there with me; expect abstracts from the latter. ;)

spiralout said:
:scratch: I'd be offended if I knew what you meant... :p
You name implies that you're spaced out, whacked off your head, drunk, doped. Erm, other stuff along those lines.
To me, anyway. :crazy:

ferny said:
You name implies that you're spaced out, whacked off your head, drunk, doped. Erm, other stuff along those lines.
To me, anyway. :crazy:

:lol: My name comes from the lyrics from a Tool song. No, I'm not whacked, doped, or even drunk. :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back