Inviting yet Aloof (Rockport 3 of ??)

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure... I found this scene appealing. Was it just me?

Rockport%20with%20Geoff%20-%20050.jpg

C&C welcome.

Was it just me?
Could be.

The (supposed) white of the flag has a yellow cast when compared to the hanging pot. Now, I realize it could be due to a numbers of factors, but that doesn't excuse the lost detail.

I'd remove the spot in the third pane on the right, top row of the door. The blind control in top left pane is acceptable, but not necessary.

The star on the short rail...... pfft.

I feel the hanging plant and pot are overexposed.

IMO, what would make this interesting is to have had a face peering out of the dark space of the opened door.

The time of day may not have been your best friend.

Please see my signature. :biggrin:

yeah hdr would work well for this if you are determined to make this work and a re-shoot is possible. i think its interesting.

The (supposed) white of the flag has a yellow cast when compared to the hanging pot. Now, I realize it could be due to a numbers of factors, but that doesn't excuse the lost detail.

Yyyyyyyeah I struggled a bit with the exposure. There's a big range in there. The white on the flag is an "aged" white, so it's not supposed to be pure white. I concur on the overexposure being unacceptable. Maybe I should play with it to darken it and see what it comes out like. The details in the flag thing were awfully nice, too.

I'd remove the spot in the third pane on the right, top row of the door. The blind control in top left pane is acceptable, but not necessary.

Good points. I didn't consider doing any cloning. This was a quick edit to see how folks reacted because I was on the fence.

The star on the short rail...... pfft.

:lol: Well, I didn't put it there. :lol: I actually thought the star was kinda cute... what did you pfft at it for, specifically? (genuinely curious)

I feel the hanging plant and pot are overexposed.

IMO, what would make this interesting is to have had a face peering out of the dark space of the opened door.

Well, see, if there were a face peering out then the picture would be all blurry because I would have run away terrfied. :lol:

But yes, I agree.

The time of day may not have been your best friend.

No, it was fricken awful... sun right above our heads pretty much.

Please see my signature. :biggrin:

HAHAHAHAH!!!

It's all good. You gave me exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back