Invoking free speech, not establishment clause

This one, right?

freespeech.jpg

I like it. Not sure why you think it involves free speech but not the establishment clause, but I like the photo. Nice range of grays with the black background, shadows are just right for my eye.

I like it. Not sure why you think it involves free speech but not the establishment clause, but I like the photo. Nice range of grays with the black background, shadows are just right for my eye.

I came across a poster in this forum writing, "as long as it is not religion or politics.."

Thanks hellhound, that was very very nice of you.

Politics or Religion huh? LOL can't believe people sometimes lol.....that's a great shot, I like it. Its almost as if you can feel the smoothness of the sculpture.

Politics or Religion huh? LOL can't believe people sometimes lol.....that's a great shot, I like it. Its almost as if you can feel the smoothness of the sculpture.

Thanks ShotGunNik. Actually I had already posted two (religion related) pictures. It scared the **** of me when I came across the poster this morning. Up to this point of time I am mortified.

The pictures is a statue four inches long and three inches wide. I used microlens from Nikon.

Yea, sucks when you can't even get freedom of speech through self expression in art in cases when it takes ONE person to screw it up for everyone lol....I'm an artist so I know how it feels. In highschool, some kid in my art class didn't like a piece I created because of the violence and blood depicted in it and that it was against her religion. She made such a big deal that the teacher had no choice to take my piece down, which pissed me off greatly, but I just didn't want to fight it anymore lol.

Yea, sucks when you can't even get freedom of speech through self expression in art in cases when it takes ONE person to screw it up for everyone lol....I'm an artist so I know how it feels. In highschool, some kid in my art class didn't like a piece I created because of the violence and blood depicted in it and that it was against her religion. She made such a big deal that the teacher had no choice to take my piece down, which pissed me off greatly, but I just didn't want to fight it anymore lol.

There's a photographer whose pictures are akin to yours. His name is Carlos Clarke, a mentally ill artist who died by jumping to an ongoing train. Poor guy! I prayed for him. But he had made a lot of contributions to the subject of photography. You might want to see his pictures in one issue of Black and White Photography magazine.

Also, the army would love to see themselves in action. You might want to apply as official Army, Air Force, or Navy event photographer

Last edited:
I came across a poster in this forum writing, "as long as it is not religion or politics.."

I believe you misunderstood the intention of what you read. You're not invoking anything with this image. Neither freedom of speech or your own expression. Objectively it is a bust, a photo of someone else's art, not even your own. Not rebelious, just lame. As an image of it's own, it lacks contrast and is tilted.

I believe you misunderstood the intention of what you read. You're not invoking anything with this image. Neither freedom of speech or your own expression. Objectively it is a bust, a photo of someone else's art, not even your own. Not rebelious, just lame. As an image of it's own, it lacks contrast and is tilted.

Thank you, abraxas. That was what I was thinking until I saw the post ('nothing to do with religion and politics). I was mortified. So I try to straighthen out when there is nothing to. Sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back