Iowa Captial Building Steps/Des Moines Iowa

JRE313

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is another image of the capitol Building in Des Moines Iowa.
I processed this image similar to the library image. The Steps kind of remind me of an old video game called "Resident Evil"
Hope you enjoy!!!

seper_7_of_1_.jpg

Another nice one. I think you could do with one more shot under and one more over to cover the lights and the darkest shadow areas. It might look better when I see this after the sun goes down as Im getting a lot of light on the monitor making it hard to see sharp details. But you are one lucky SOB getting to shoot in such nice looking buildings and all people free. Oh, it could use a bit of perspective distortion. If its not horizontally level Im sure there are those who do nothing but watch for that, that will let you know.

Another nice one. I think you could do with one more shot under and one more over to cover the lights and the darkest shadow areas. It might look better when I see this after the sun goes down as Im getting a lot of light on the monitor making it hard to see sharp details. But you are one lucky SOB getting to shoot in such nice looking buildings and all people free. Oh, it could use a bit of perspective distortion. If its not horizontally level Im sure there are those who do nothing but watch for that, that will let you know.

Bynx, I can fix the Horizontal.
But the shadows had nothing to do with the shadows, I added those by adding a filter called "Glamor Glow"
It is one of my favorite filters when doing interiors. Maybe I added a little too much I guess.

Nicely done. I have no problem seeing detail in both areas mentioned. I would not worry about any distortion control either as its not really bad at all.

Picture looks warm and inviting!

Also, Let me know what u think of the image, when the sun goes down.

Nicely done. I have no problem seeing detail in both areas mentioned. I would not worry about any distortion control either as its not really bad at all.

Picture looks warm and inviting!

OHHHHH YEA :)

Glamor glow is one of my favorites as well!! YOu need to have dark areas in a photo thats what helps give depth. IF you don't it looks flat. HDR is about getting more dynamic range but if you notice many HDR images appear flat because there is way to much range that it does not look natural. Lets face it shadows need to have black. What I like to do is add a filter like glamor glow and the areas that are tooooo dark I will mask those areas out bringing detail back in using a low opacity soft brush. Just enough to see some detail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back