Iowa State Library

I just asked because when I saved the image I said no to saving with ProPhoto color profile. There is a drastic change in color with the image I posted.
Yea, Sorry about that!

It would be nice if Vip, you and I could sit in a pub somewhere and talk about this. The challenges with this image is really interesting to me.

The best thing i could do is tell him. He may have a suggestion.

Nothing you can do about the table since its not square are you say. Check the floor tiles and you can see why the angle is right, but off.

Hey JRE why do you use ProPhoto color profile?

right, that was my original point. it's hard, if not impossible, to fully fix a photo like that

In Bynx's fix it now looks like the columns on each side of that little portion of ceiling are bowed to the right....at least it looks that way on this end.

This'll either be a fun one to sort out (if anyone is so inclined) or a complete exercise in frustration!

This might be an interesting shoot out...hint, hint.

In Bynx's fix it now looks like the columns on each side of that little portion of ceiling are bowed to the right....at least it looks that way on this end.

This'll either be a fun one to sort out (if anyone is so inclined) or a complete exercise in frustration!

Do you guys want to do a shoot out with this ?

Id like to do a shoot out on this. I really like this room. Id make a print of it and put it right over my computer. Id like to walk up and down the spiral staircase, as much as my knees hate stairs.

........Id like to walk up and down the spiral staircase, as much as my knees hate stairs.

You can't. They're closed to the public.

Rules are made to be broken!!

Count me in for a shoot out.

It would be nice if Vip, you and I could sit in a pub somewhere and talk about this. The challenges with this image is really interesting to me.

Yeah would be nice but, your in Canada and I am in AZ. One of these days I may have to take you up on that offer.

With this image I think some warp tool and tilt shift may work. I may give it shot.

The whole thing with wide angels is that it gets some much of the frame in that if your camera is off it can really show in other areas making if tough to fix. Just like laying tile. YOU HAVE to make sure your first rows are straight and level or by the time your done if your off 1/8" the end could be 2" making it very noticeable.

Ok I think I came about of close as I can to making it look better.

I did a tilt shift followed by a warp and then a content aware scale.

Forgive the horrible color from photobucket! I hate using photobucket but I same problem as bynx had with the color changing. I did nothing to the color just the
three things to help straighten the image.

Iowa_State_Library.jpg

I think some people get real anal when it comes to pics with a 1/4 degree of tilt, or where there is only an optical appearance of a tilt as in this case. If you rotate the image to fix a spot that seems to tilt then the rest of the pic starts to tilt. The whole tilt thing never bothered me and it still doesnt. Now the way the two tables are positioned cockeyed, that bothers me and I would have straightened them before I took the shot. Its amazing there are no people in the pic. This is my favorite, most interesting pic Ive seen in quite a while.

I think some people get real anal when it comes to pics with a 1/4 degree of tilt, or where there is only an optical appearance of a tilt as in this case. If you rotate the image to fix a spot that seems to tilt then the rest of the pic starts to tilt. The whole tilt thing never bothered me and it still doesnt. Now the way the two tables are positioned cockeyed, that bothers me and I would have straightened them before I took the shot. Its amazing there are no people in the pic. This is my favorite, most interesting pic Ive seen in quite a while.

The tables themselves are straight, it's the angle they're shot at that makes them not look straight. And yes, it bothers some people more than others when lines aren't straight. I don't think anybody would argue that it would make the image worse to have straight lines, so why not fix something that would make some people like the image more?

Here is my final on this pic. I actually prefer the original by JRE with its painterly look. The file I sent looks much sharper and lifelike than what is posted here.

15gvv48.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back