ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
irdj_4483.jpg

ISO 1600 EOS 20D converted to infrared, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, EOS 430ex with DIY visible light filter (2 layers of unexposed but processed 120 size E6).

I don't know if it's the flash or the E6 filter or both, but this came out of the camera much blue-er than what I've been used to with daylight lit IR. I set the wb to 2000/-115, and upped the saturation to get these colors.

wow, real clear and noise free for iso1600! hows you manage to pull that one off?!

i really like this pic, everything looks real nice and clean. awesome job :thumbup:

wow, real clear and noise free for iso1600! hows you manage to pull that one off?!

Shrug? That's a Canon DSLR for you, and raw processing vs in-camera jpeg processing, I guess. This 20D even had the AA filter removed in the IR conversion, so it's even noisier than the typical 20D. In Adobe Camera Raw I left the chroma noise correction at it's default setting of 25 (chroma noise isn't much of an issue in infrared anyway), and I set luminous noise reduction to 15. I normally don't need to use any luminous noise reduction, even in high ISO shots, but I do notice more noise with this IR camera when I pixel peep, so I used a bit for this photo.

I've found ISO 1600 from my old Canon 20Ds to be very usable. You should see what it looks like from a 5D. :)

Most reactions

Back