Irish Maiden

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I caught this at a Scottish bagpipes concert. This young lady was in the audience and was invited up to dance for the crowd in the traditional Irish style. She won the crowd over in about 2 seconds flat.

The leader of the band asked her, "You sure you're Irish?" The crowd thought that was hilarious.

I'm upset about the distracting elements in the background of the image, but this is the best I could get.

61058456.jpg

Awww...a cute lil Irish gal. I don't think most of it is too distracting except for the dude on the right. Maybe you could just crop him out? And you could probably clone out the rug in the bottom left hand corner.

To be asking that "maiden" if she was Irish... look at her hair!!! (Though most Irish people have very dark hair ... influence of the defeated Spanish Armada way back in ... don't-ask-me-when)

These dances are fascinating, aren't they? All legs ... the rest of the body stays totally still, only bobs up and down and the feet twirl and step.

You have been to a good many "Old World"-activities of late, haven't you? Or was this all the same event?

LaFoto said:
To be asking that "maiden" if she was Irish... look at her hair!!! (Though most Irish people have very dark hair ... influence of the defeated Spanish Armada way back in ... don't-ask-me-when)

These dances are fascinating, aren't they? All legs ... the rest of the body stays totally still, only bobs up and down and the feet twirl and step.

You have been to a good many "Old World"-activities of late, haven't you? Or was this all the same event?

Hehe, yah, going to another festival this weekend.

I'm thinking of learning to play the bagpipes.:mrgreen:

And I found out that my family is a direct descendant from one of the largest Clans in Scotland, the Sept Fenton from the Clan Chisholm. I love history like that!

Very nice, Robert. I dunno about the bagpipe gig though.

I too am of Scottish decent. Well, at least the name is. It goes WAY back... around 1670 or so when the first Christie sailed this way. You can tell I'm a bit into the history too.

Pete

I absolutely love the shot of the irish lass! Love the colour of her hair, her outfit, her skin, and the wall behind her. The guy in the skirt's gotta go, though, as it's distracting.

Great shot! I wish I could go back to Ireland again. I went when I was in the 8th grade, I loved it. I messed around with your shot in PS and cropped it out and cloned out the front carpet, it looks really nice. Great shot!

What a cutie! I agree, the ony really distracting part is the boy to the side of her, which could easily be cropped out. Nice pic!

Most reactions

Back