Is 16+K high for a shutter count?

malkav41

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there everybody,

I recently bought a used Nikon D70s from KEH, and after loading a photo on to Flickr to see the EXIF info found that it has just over 16K shutter actuations under it's belt.
:cokespit:I knew it would probably be up there, but is this considered to be too high a count for this model camera? :confused:

I am really hoping it's not, as its taken me 6 years to get this one. :blushing: And I really don't want to have to replace it super soon. :(

Thanks.
Ed

the cam is almost broken in, enjoy it
badteeth.gif

:lmao: My camera is pushing 60k and is roughly as old as the D70, but I don't use it too much.

You'll be fine. The D70 is rated for 50k and it won't necessarily fail then either.

lol My D70 has 25,000 on it and my D700 has 67,000 on it. Most of these shutters are rated around 100-150,000 clicks. Think of it like cars, is 16,000 miles on a car really that much? no.

I believe that you only start to know a camera after 10k untill.then your shots are largely useless... that's just my opinion

16K shouldn't give any problem. Probably got at least another 50K in it.

I believe that you only start to know a camera after 10k untill.then your shots are largely useless... that's just my opinion

Your first camera with a new manufacturer maybe.

If you can't pick up the next model from the same manufacturer and figure it out in under 100 shots you really shouldn't be using cameras ;)

Most reactions

Back