Is 35mm slide film still better than the the output from a dslr?

You know, not all digital cameras are the same. There is very little voice given to cameras other than Nikon or Canon on this forum. Yes, they are two wonderful cameras, but they are built by camera companies and their goal is specs. The Fuji S3 and S5 cameras are built by a film company, and frankly they smear the competition when it comes to color, saturation, and latitude. The comparison of sharpness is pretty incredible for any camera with 12mb sensors, but the dynamic range of the Fuji Super CCD is as good as any film. The fuji S5, built on a Nikon D200 body, has 5 film simulation modes, and is one of the best portrait cameras in the world. (In my humble opinion.) It can stand up to sports too at 3fps and 3200 iso.

What I'm saying is that you really can't make statements like, "film is better than digital", or vice versa, without qualifying what film and what digital camera.

Needless to say, I absolutely love my S5. It earned me $1/4 million last year and my clients are thrilled with their portraits. After 25 years in business, the work I'm producing today is FAR SUPERIOR to what I ever produced with medium format film.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back