What's new

Is Angus Sharp?

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Argh, ok so I went to the optometrist and I'm trying out bifocal contacts and zomg it is hard to get used to them so far :er:
Doing some editing and just finished these of my Angus taken in different lights.

I must say I love love love the colours and contrast my new lens gives, editing is much easier!!

Biggest question is how is the sharpness here? I totally don't want to take these things out out to see lol and is the one of him in the shopping bag a little too cool?

Thanks for taking a look, looking forward to hearing your thoughts!









 
he looks SHARP to me....
 
Thanks Rosy :) I keep blinking hoping it will help me see it better lol
 
Looks adequately sharp. The smallish size and the web down-sizing is making the whiskers show some "jaggies" on this iMac's screen, but that is actually pretty normal on cat whiskers in my experience. The top image looks just a tiny bit warmer than real life...unless Angus actually has such beautifully-colored eyes. The second image is a bit cooler in terms of white balance or color tint, but the eyes look very realistic. There is a pretty big difference between the two in terms of color; in the top shot, he looks to have deer-colored fur on his ears and upper chest; in the second, the fur coloration looks grayish. I've seen cats with both hues, and it depends too on the season of the year, and if they're sun-bleached or winter-gray...I am assuming Angus is not sun-bleached and tanned yet...

Glad you like the new lens. Bifocal contacts.....hoooo boyyyyyy...now that sounds like a bugger to get used to!
 
KITTY!!!!!!
 
Until he's wearing a little kitty tuxedo, no.. He's not sharp. :P
 
Looks in focus to me and I like the colors. Looks like that lens is a winner!
 
Looks sharp to me.

WesternGuy

Thanks WesternGuy :)

Looks adequately sharp. The smallish size and the web down-sizing is making the whiskers show some "jaggies" on this iMac's screen, but that is actually pretty normal on cat whiskers in my experience. The top image looks just a tiny bit warmer than real life...unless Angus actually has such beautifully-colored eyes. The second image is a bit cooler in terms of white balance or color tint, but the eyes look very realistic. There is a pretty big difference between the two in terms of color; in the top shot, he looks to have deer-colored fur on his ears and upper chest; in the second, the fur coloration looks grayish. I've seen cats with both hues, and it depends too on the season of the year, and if they're sun-bleached or winter-gray...I am assuming Angus is not sun-bleached and tanned yet...

Glad you like the new lens. Bifocal contacts.....hoooo boyyyyyy...now that sounds like a bugger to get used to!
Thanks Derrel. Yes, before downsizing it looked pretty darn good (I think lol)
Ah the colour temps, one of the things that is making me go hmmmm right now even moreso since this lens is rendering such vibrant colours so easily. The first one is a little warm compared to Angus's colouring when in sunlight for example, (I'll call that his true colour). Part of that is because of where he is sitting, he is getting diffused sunlight and he is surrounded by cedar wood which is effecting his colouring, warming it up (obv ;) ). The second shot is close to his "true" colouring but it is a little cool, his eyes are close. He was in one of the sunrooms but he was at the back of it in the shadows with white walls.

Angus' "true" colour is in between the two images, he is a little less warm than the first but a little warmer than the second..... BUT .... given the lighting situations I THINK they are true to that. Very often around here we see comments, it is too warm, too cool, trying to bring images back to "true" colours and a lot of the time I agree but sometimes it sets me off to thinking when to correct it and when to leave it on the warm/cool side to better represent the light that was there. Ultimately I suppose the answer is the balance is correct when it doesn't appear to be an error and detract but sometimes I wonder if we warm it up or cool it down automatically to be consistent with the "true" colours of our subject, Angus in this case, and lose a little of the "moment" by taking that warmth/coolness out...

I'm loving the new lens, I'm getting used to holding it and using it and I'm loving the images it is giving me :) It has been a lot of feeder birds and boring stuff around here to practice so not sharing much yet, but next week I'm going to find the eagles! I can't wait!!

As for the contacts, jury is out and leaning towards not getting them. I'm testing them out for a week to see if they will work, it's been great for distance but up close is rough, the brain and eyes have to get used to it but so far up close is pretty brutal.

Yup, what Derrel said. I have 3 little Anguses/Angi? They could be Quads!
Thanks and lol neat! Angi are cool ;)
Looks VERY Sharp! What lens/camera combo?
Thanks ashaker, Canon 60D and Canon 100-400mm L.
KITTY!!!!!!
CAT! ;)
I think 2 is sharper than 1. Cute cat!
Thanks Sleist :)
Sorry to disagree, but NO, Angus is NOT sharp...

...

...

Angus is soft, and fluffy. And quite adorable. Angus' TEETH might be sharp though. And your focus seems good. :lmao:
Haha, thanks Sharon :lol:
Yes his teeths are definitely sharp, and claws, but the rest is totally cuddly and cute :)
Until he's wearing a little kitty tuxedo, no.. He's not sharp. :P
Ohhhhh!! I should make him one, will you come put it on him if I do? lol ;)
Looks in focus to me and I like the colors. Looks like that lens is a winner!

Thanks Rick :) Yes, omg definitely A number 1 :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom