Is everyone just posting in the first two forums?

bigfatbadger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
While I really like the idea of the beginners -> beyond the basics and business forums, is it just me, or is everyone asking gear related questions in one of these two forums?

How can we get the gear questions into the gear forums? At first glance it looks like all we offer is advice on what stuff to buy, rather than technqiue related questions.

maybe i've got the wrong idea about these forums

Very good point! Threads that are specifially gear related should be in the advice & reviews on equipment and services section. Feel free to hit the "report this post" icon and let us know if you see something that needs to be moved!

I imagine the thinking is: I'm a beginner should I buy a canon or a nikon.... not realizing there is a better place to ask...

Or I once sold a picture to the skate club I belong to, so now im in business. What should I buy a canon or a nikon...

Kind of hard to fault that logic...

I agree, there are certainly times where multiple questions merge into one post. I think it's more important that people get the help they need, but certainly and "which lens is better" or "Canon vs. Nikon" questions fit best in the advice/review section :)

As a recent noob myself, I honestly over looked thoses theads the first time I came on. I came here to see if anyone could help me figure out why all of my photos were turning brown and the first thing I saw was a for beginners thread so I didnt look further. It wasnt till my 5th of 6th time being on the forum that I realized there was adarkroom thread and I shoud have posted there. SoI dont know if that answers your question or not, but that is why I posted in the wrong area.

Since there seem to be so many equipment-related questions, and since the appropriate forum is so often overlooked, perhaps it could be moved up in the forum listing? They'll come across it first... perhaps a minor change in the title, to make it more obvious.. "Equipment Questions, Advice & Reviews"?

Seems simple enough to warrant a try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back