Is it just me, or...

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... does being nice really get you everywhere?

Today at work, our printer has decided that it doesn't want to be a printer any more... it wants to be a crusher... So it's jamming up and crushing some photos every now and then... (Well, actually its just jamming and the crushing is a side effect)

Anyway - It was doing it every 40 or so photos - and it would kill about 3-4 photos...

So everyone else was getting shitty with it... Anyway - when everyone went home and I was left on my own for the night... I did something most other people wouldn't dare...

I told it to print a digital order (197 photos) and while it was printing them - I stood there and told it that it was a good printer, and I patted it.. and kept telling it it was a good printer...

A customer eventually came and I had to leave the printer and serve them... A couple of minutes later - the alarms on the printer went off - it had jammed...

It made it up to 151 photos!

Now I don't think this is a coincidence.. I think its because I was nice to it and non-judgemental...

Lol...

Yeah - I'm insane... I did suggest it to someone else before she left & when she was having troubles with it... and she didnt think it would work...

But believe me - I will be telling them when I next see them...

So if you don't hear from me for a few days - I'm probably in an asylum...

:lol:

Well...

In order to fix the printer... You have to stick your arm in and pull out all the trapped bits of paper...

And there are hot bits - so if you slip - you get burnt...

it doesnt really hurt though - more the shock of being burnt.

so if you could close down shop, except for printing, then you'd be all set. You could stand there and talk to the printer and all the prints would turn out. The customers would understand.

Or you could call the repair service. :)

Well.. thursday is late night shopping. But kodak doesnt open late at night...

And our tech is coming in in the morning... (At 8am I've been told)

And it wasnt very busy anyway...

I think I printed a whole 6-7 orders... in like 3 hours... pretty sad...

and I shut down really early and just cleaned stuff...

And i think the customers would understand! (not)

I just love telling them there are no one-hour services...

Hehehehe... It scares the majority of them away...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back