Is it "safe" to get a d600 from KEH?

Discussion in 'Nikon Cameras' started by JustJazzie, Dec 14, 2017.

1. JustJazzie

JustJazzie Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    @jcdeboever @astroNikon : I know the logical, wise and incredibly sane thing to do here would be to go in a store and try them out. Unfortunately, I possess none of those qualities, :biglaugh:Not to mention the fact that my ability to function as a human seems to shut down every time I enter anywhere with fluorescent lighting, and add in the extra shoppers that come with the holiday season and in-person-shopping quickly becomes synonymous with hell. DH keeps saying I just need to take an anxiolytic before I go, but Im pretty sure that would impair my good judgement too.

In other words- I think its a craps shoot either way.

@jcdeboever - I'm sorry you had a poor experience with the d7200. I was looking at those for a bit too, before I decided another FF was the way to go. I think I am too invested in nikon (and LOVE my DF) to switch to fuji. It would probably be a cheaper investment to just get another DF rather than switch brands again. I get that ergonomics are incredibly personal. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me today. :)

@astroNikon, Thank you for chiming in! It is extremely helpful to gain some perspective from someone with a smaller frame. That excel chart you made sounds super interesting! I don't remember having issues holding my XSI years ago, but I didn't use m/any of the features either.

@IronMaskDuval That is quite a return process! I will keep that in mind moving forward. I still have not heard from KEH on the subject anyways. Thank you for sharing your experience with them.

@Braineack I've been spending quite a bit of time on CameraSize.com comparing models, but its pretty helpful to see all 4 at once instead of only 2 at a time. Thanks for adding in the visual! You're right, the grip on the d750 does look more petite, and its got that tilt-y screen! It is looking like a pretty good option at the moment. I agree with you on the pricing. There seems to be a decent sale on it right now as well, the new price is currently the same as the d610's new.

2. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    yeah -- like I said I almost pulled the trigger on the d750 + grip. it's great deal considering how great the camera is.

but I spent the "savings" on a flashpoint xplor 600 :p which reminds me I need to sell off a bunch of flash stuff now -- going to convert 100% to the R2 system.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JustJazzie

Photos OK to edit
    Ohh! Sounds like a fun new gadget to enjoy!! Im looking forward to seeing what you create with it. :) I could get a used d600 and use my "savings" on the petzval lens Ive been wanting for years now, but manual focus scares me. :ambivalence:

4. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    cat pics.

5. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    My local BestBuy STILL does not have the X-T2 camera on display. The display has been empty since they pulled off the X-T1 !!

6. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The nerve of them. I'll let you hold mine in the near future.

Sent from my [device_name] using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

7. JustJazzie

Photos OK to edit
    Well, for better or for worse- I have a d750 with a battery grip arriving tomorrow from B&H. :eek-73: :bouncingsmileys::eek-73:

This was slightly impulsive, as I wasn't even really looking at bodies until DH was attempting to surprise me with a d7500 for Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JonA_CT

JonA_CT TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    You’re going to love it! Enjoy.

9. JustJazzie

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you! My biggest fear is that I will love it more than my DF and my DF Will feel jealous and unloved. How will I ever keep two cameras happy?! :giggle:

10. JonA_CT

JonA_CT TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I was just thinking that the 24 mp sensor is going to corrupt you! Your DF will make a great travel and everyday camera, but I have a feeling that you’re really going to like D750 for your portrait work.

11. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    24mp with video vs 16mp with no video
    hipster vs no hipster

you'll find room for both of them.

12. JustJazzie

Photos OK to edit

The 24 mpx I've had and will be nice, but I am MOST excited about the TILTY screen, and better low light AF.

Aww. My DF is sad you chose the word "hipster" She much prefers the term "vintage-inspired-charm"

But yes! I think my DF shines best with light weight lenses and as a general walk around camera.

As for the d750 for portraits, I think Im going to get one of those fancy double camera straps, stick a prime on each of them and save myself time switching between lenses. LOL

The cropping ability will be nice for the kids sports though!