Is it time to upgrade? I feel insecure only w/ the 50mm

gbiff1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!

I came here to ask your advice.

First of all, let me give you a short history of my photography life.

I started with a Canon T3 and 18-55 kit lens, then I upgraded to T5i 18-135mm kit lens and 50mm 1.8, and finally, last year, I got my first fullframe, the 6D.

Back and forth, I've been handling pretty well only with the 50mm.

On the APS-C I used to really struggle but with the ff it's way more easier to deal.

However, there are some situations that I am still insecure about. I feel like I won't always have the necessary space to include everyone.

For example, a friend asked to take some shots of his carshop and I felt very insecure about accepting the offer cause I didn't know if I was gonna be able to include big spaces on the photos. Like the storefront, for example.

Anyways, I started thinking about a new lens, and here are my options:
24-105mm f/4
24-70mm f/4

So I'd like to get some advices from you guys.

Have you ever experienced that?

Which of these lens would you recommend me? Or any other lens not so expensive...

Welcome to the sight. Both of those lenses will fit in nicely with your 50mm. I skipped both of them and went with a used 24-70mm f/2.8, something if you might also consider. It is faster glass and will serve you well for a long, long time.

More focal length options aren't just for being able to fit more subject in without having to back up. They are also for being able to vary the ratio between the size of the subject and the size of the background. When you upgrade a whole new world of creativity will be opened up to you. So YES, its time to upgrade! Something wide and something long will each open up its own avenue of creativity.

Hey guys!

I came here to ask your advice.

First of all, let me give you a short history of my photography life.

I started with a Canon T3 and 18-55 kit lens, then I upgraded to T5i 18-135mm kit lens and 50mm 1.8, and finally, last year, I got my first fullframe, the 6D.

Back and forth, I've been handling pretty well only with the 50mm.

On the APS-C I used to really struggle but with the ff it's way more easier to deal.

However, there are some situations that I am still insecure about. I feel like I won't always have the necessary space to include everyone.

For example, a friend asked to take some shots of his carshop and I felt very insecure about accepting the offer cause I didn't know if I was gonna be able to include big spaces on the photos. Like the storefront, for example.

Anyways, I started thinking about a new lens, and here are my options:
24-105mm f/4
24-70mm f/4

So I'd like to get some advices from you guys.

Have you ever experienced that?

Which of these lens would you recommend me? Or any other lens not so expensive...

sure, most photogs have experienced "space to include everyone"

For indoors on a full frame camera I'd go with a Canon 24-70 2.8
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

Back