Is it un-professional to call an art gallery to change the price of your art?

jonmerina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Generally speaking, yes. It is unprofessional and can make it seem like you don't have your head on strait. If this is your first experience with the gallery a bad impression would be made and could hurt your chances of being asked to participate in any future shows or exhibitions. As an artist signing with a gallery you have an obligation to honor whatever contract you signed, this includes the entry and the price you assigned it. If it sells consider it a lesson for next time- if it doesn't no harm no foul.

Seems like an odd first post to ask and answer a question that is out in left field. Since nothing is too random to mention, I may have already won $10M in the publishers clearinghouse sweepstakes, so bully for me.

One might suspect we are all witness to a case of plagarism, as the font used could well have been selected automatically by doing a copy and paste.

There is no question.

Is it un-professional to call an art gallery to change the price of your art?

I wondering if it's un-....(you decide) to make a post like yours in a gallery?

For your convenience:

gallery - Definition: 1. place for art exhibitions: a place where artwork is exhibited

But to answer your question, I'd say no. Of course a price increase after a deal for a sale has been struck would be out of the question. But increasing prices on pieces without a sale pending is fine. It would be in the best interest of the gallery too, so I can't imagine why this would be an issue.

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back