is it worth 600 dollars

aye tis a beauty of a lens - the only worry I have about it is not carrying or using, more the shear sixe of that front element - really makes me want to put a UV on it incase a twig gets past the hood!

Have fun :)

i crave for the nikon 70-200 2.8 aswell... but i can't justify spending all that money now (plus i can't raise that much money now) so its the 55-200mm for me :(. congrats.

well, when you can get an image that's not suffer from a lot of camera shake at 1/10 shutter speed and 70mm focal length, then you can judge for yourself whether or not it's worth it.

I have taken 150mm macro shots handheld at 1/25sec with no shake - and that is without IS ;)

course I was sitting on the ground at the time - and leaning against a tree.
But for walking around the IS is a wonder - great for handheld standing shots when a rail or tree are just not around

the back drop is not homemade.. it came as a package the lights softboxes a whole bunch of stuff along with black white and tye dye... backdrop....

Oh... I saw crumpled and tie-dye and assumed it was home made. :D Well if it's tie-dyed and not a print it's at least "hand made". :D

Anyway... I like it - it looks cool!

I would suggest renting both if possible. I have many lens purchases that I wish I didn't do. I now rent everything before buying to see if I like it first. The only one I didn't rent was my 50mm 1.8 it was more to rent than buy. LOL

Oh... I saw crumpled and tie-dye and assumed it was home made. :D Well if it's tie-dyed and not a print it's at least "hand made". :D

Anyway... I like it - it looks cool!

thanks i need to steam out the wrinkles....

I shoot on the Canon 70-200 non-IS lens and I love it. Unless it's a sunny day out, I can't really use it hand held, but on the top of a monopod, even in dim situations, I almost never end up botching the pictures. I've found that it most lighting situations, except very bright ones, I can't drop below 1/250 while still hand held. With a monopod I can go as low as 1/40 usually without any problems.

I'd say get the L glass and buy the cheap IS known as a monopod.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back