shipshooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
disappointed with the fps on t3i
looking for a little more
60d on now for $450

If fps is what you are trying to better the answer is no. It's not even fast enough for you to even tell it's much faster. If you want a faster camera you should consider the original 7d. It's around 8 fps and has a much better focusing system that will help you actually get those shots in focus. People are giving these cameras away right now because of the release of the 7dII. This was a 1700 dollar camera new and you can get a used one in good condition for 700.

You can also consider the 70D. It shoots at 7fps (1 less than the 7D) but if you ever decide play with video, the 70D with the STM lens excels in that.

Is it sports or wildlife you are shooting?

I agree with all above except......My wife started with T3i and I started with 60d. She noticed the difference in burst speed. She upgraded to the 70d and I noticed the difference in burst speed. I upgraded to 7dmii and she notices the difference in burst speed. The buck stops there!!!!!!!!! for now.

So, what do you need the speed for and do you shoot or plan to shoot video?

A true DSLR requires that the remix mirror mechanically flip up and down for each frame. The higher end sports cameras are optimized to do this... but of course they cost more. But more than the fps, they also need an internal memory buffer to sustain that speed for more than a few frames.

The 7D II does that in spades (the 1D X is the king in that category... but has a price tag to match.). The 7D (classic) is still available and significantly less expensive (but still more than a 60D or 70D). The 70D is worthy of strong consideration because it's just 1 fps slower than the 7D (classic), but in a lower price category.

Most reactions

Back