Is the Canon 70D worth the extra over the 750D?

theoallen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so, I'm getting a new DSLR for amateur photography and a bit of film/vlog making. I'm liking the look of the 750D for specs and price, but would really love the 70D yet it's £200 more. Is that £200 justified or should I just stick with the 750D?
Cheers

I bought the 760d because it has the latest sensor and AF technology. The 70d will have slightly better build quality probably. I think either would serve you very well.

Judge for yourself, really.

Canon 750D vs Canon 70D Detailed Comparison

Beware: the section "why to choose the 70D over the 750D" has the two cameras INVERTED. So the 70D for example has the better viewfinder coverage.

Historically, the 70D is very interesting, because it was the first camera ever with Canons Dualpixel Technology.

Frankly unless you are mostly interested in video I would actually want the T6i or better yet the T6S over the older 70D
The 70D has the better body and more features but the T6i has the better and more advanced sensor.
I would go with the T6i

Oh and the 70D is rumored to be replaced very soon so thats another reason not ot get the 70D.
If you can wait for the 70D replacement then that would be the best thing because I am sure the sensor on it will be even better over the one in the T6i

Another good thing to do in my opinion, is go look at photos taken with a specific camera and some lens combinations with that camera. You may decide the differences in sensors versus cost and features are not significant enough to keep waiting for better and better and better (it never ends)...

Here is a guy that's used the 70d for some time. Ger Bosma

Personally I like the top display and dual wheels system. So I will pick the 70D (xxD series) instead of the 750D (xxxD series).

Personally I like the top display and dual wheels system. So I will pick the 70D (xxD series) instead of the 750D (xxxD series).
The Canon T6S has the dual wheel and top display and better sensor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back