is there a cheap wired remote for the d7000 that will control shutter speed

I think the idea, Edsport, is to take multiple shots over a short time so any movement is reduced as much as possible. In a static landscape even clouds move. If there is no movement then time is not a critical factor. Nikon sells a separate cheap remote for the internal remote control. Its not very good and a pain in the a$$. There is a good external that goes on the hot shoe and plugs into the GSP port. Should you need to have an external flash then the unit itself could just dangle by the cord. The remote is good for up to 100 feet. It has single, continuous and bulb mode. This is, to me, the most reliable. Ive never had a problem with mine.

im working on trying something different. i will post results later today after a trip to radioshack....

A timer remote will let you take several photos eg. take x amount of photos at (your choice of shutter speed) with (your choice of delay) between shots. Check the link and scroll down to see timer remote...

d7000 remote | eBay

None of which allow you to change the shutter speed via the remote.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
well i usually just manually bracket using the dial on the camera and my wireless remote shutter release. but it would really help if i could get a wired remote that would let me change the shutter speed on the remote. heck it would even be better if there was a wired remote that would allow me to setup 5 or 9 exposures and it tell the camera to take them all at once. i was out taking a sunset and a guy with a d300 took all his photos with one click of a wired remote. but maybe the d300 allows for more then 3 bracketed photos with more then 2ev difference.

is what im asking for just not possible with the d7000, and i just will have to manually do it...?

A timer remote will let you take several photos eg. take x amount of photos at (your choice of shutter speed) with (your choice of delay) between shots. Check the link and scroll down to see timer remote...

d7000 remote | eBay

None of which allow you to change the shutter speed via the remote.
True but the OP did say

"heck it would even be better if there was a wired remote that would allow me to setup 5 or 9 exposures and it tell the camera to take them all at once."

The wired remote will do this...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
are you sure about that, i thought the wired remotes just had the delay, shutter, and interval. that doesnt really let you setup bracketing for HDR.

but i just made something pretty cool. im about to post it up

EDIT: i just posted a new thread with all the info on what i made....

Last edited:
.............."heck it would even be better if there was a wired remote that would allow me to setup 5 or 9 exposures and it tell the camera to take them all at once."

The wired remote will do this...

Show me which one.

Ok conclusion - if you really want 9 brackets get a pro camera that has it already built in :thumbup::sexywink:

anyone want to buy a D7000 ahhahahahahaah

$100.0 :sexywink:
$0100 :lol:

$100 + $0:lmao:

check out the new thread i started. this android app, with the use of an IR transmitter from your phone, allows HDR, the APP will tell the shutter the timing you pick on the APP

$100.0 :sexywink:
$0100 :lol:

$100 + $0:lmao:

:hug::we got a deal. send me payment and I will send you a picture of it..:lol:

Here ya go:

one-hundred-100-dollar-bill.jpg

Thats not a very good example of an HDR shot of old Ben. The shadows are plugged and the highlights are underexposed. But even a bad shot of a C note is a beautiful sight.

Most reactions

Back