Is there a reason to upgrade dslr?

I don't know how you have your auto focus set, but unless I'm shooting fast objects, I leave it set to the center focus point. I put the point on what I want to focus, lock focus and recompose the shot. That eliminated the camera telling ME what IT wants to focus on.

I don't know how you have your auto focus set, but unless I'm shooting fast objects, I leave it set to the center focus point. I put the point on what I want to focus, lock focus and recompose the shot. That eliminated the camera telling ME what IT wants to focus on.

I have to practice the recomposing part. I am really happy with my d3200.

Recomposing is pretty easy once you do it a few times. I do change focus points myself sometimes especially when I shoot portrait mode

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Recomposing is pretty easy once you do it a few times. I do change focus points myself sometimes especially when I shoot portrait mode

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

I went to shoot an indoor school event yesterday, it was so much fun taking pictures, time just flew. But it became pretty obvious how much i have still yet to learn. It was my first indoor event, i hope that if i do more events then i can get better.

Here is a picture of the event:

ibfJQs86o00va9.jpg

Taken with 50mm 1.4g

@EIngersan

I know that, but my goal was to isolate my subject, it becomes less and less isolated if i do what you say on my 50mm. I've got the pictures to prove my point:

bpvHJBF.jpg

Your subject is isolated just as much, if not more than the other one. You've just framed it different. Your camera is further away from the subject. Move it towards the subject and don't forget, the closer you are to it the shallower your depth of field. You might have to close your aperture to cover the subject the closer you get.

I went to take the same picture with my new 70-200mm vrii.

145mm
ykihrcr.jpg

200mm
cYGjutP.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back