What's new

is there a trick to this?

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
8,708
Reaction score
1,312
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
after seeing a few on here shooting bugs and flowers I thought I would try it today out in the yard. First time really attempting flower insects.
I don't have a macro lens. Is this about as good as it gets without macro?

$DSC_2490_1407.webp$DSC_2487_1408.webp
 
Last edited:
Lots of patience. Try rotating both images, you don't have to stick to the original. If you shot RAW see if you can crop in closer. You don't have to show the whole insect. Sharpen, more contrast, push it then back off if too much. Wings in motion (blurred) ok, body in motion not so good. Anticipate where the critters may show up and position yourself in the best spot to see from the side. If possible around 7-8 aperture, shutter around 500, iso high enough to tolerate. Does not require a macro lens.

Here's one of my favorites. I believe done with my 18-55.
Bumble-Bee-2 by Fallis Photography Design, on Flickr
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom