Is there any software able to change EXIF data?

NedM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]For instance, the internal date of my camera was incorrect and therefore all the pictures were captured with a wrong timestamp. [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Lightroom seems to only allow me to change the date the image was created but not permanently.
It doesn't change "date time digitized" which was when the image was created when I clicked the shutter.

How can I change this EXIF information?
I've outline in a red box the information I want to change.

[/FONT]
S8Gm0LC.png

Last edited:
I can't think of any way to do that. Did you change the date in your camera so it's accurate in the future?

Is there a reason this is so important or are you just wondering?

I can't think of any way to do that. Did you change the date in your camera so it's accurate in the future?

Is there a reason this is so important or are you just wondering?

Well, yes, I readjusted the timestamp in my camera.

I'm a photo student, and one of teachers doesn't accept work that is before the start date of the class. I've been taking photos with the wrong timestamp and I can't turn in any work that are timestamped before the start of the class even though technically they weren't.

Just curious, how does changing the date save your life??

It's hard to explain, but it has something to do with DeLoreans, 88 MPH, and time travel.

This is what I use.

Command line only though (I think there may be a GUI version for Windows... In Linux it's CLI only). I use it (sometimes) to add exif to film scans.

I wonder if the teacher has the software that will not only read the EXIF data, but display whether any of it's been changed.
fiufiu.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back