is there anyway to

bamajvc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
zoom in on the deer in this pic to see it closer without loosing image quality?

DSC_0020.jpg

That's a lot of cropping. You're definitely going to lose image quality if you want to enlarge it enough to make the deer the main subject of the pic.
It will work if you don't mind a bit of noise (grain)
Once you've done that. Sharpen the pic and beef up the contrast.

tpf.jpg

thanks I tried cropping but it blurs to much. I was just trying to get a closer pic of the buck so I could see how big his rack was? Thanks anyway

No, the best way would just to do as above, that is the limitation of the photo.

ok I have another question. Would you be able to crop and zoom into a certain spot on a film picture better than a digital?? Maybe a stupid question but I don't know a whole lot about photography, just bought a d80 last year because I always seemed to see things that would make good pics when i was hunting. Seems like since I bought I haven't saw anything worth taking, funny how things do that huh :-(

You might get a smidge more detail out of film at ISO 100, but at higher ISOs 35mm film will be the same or worse than most DSLRs. You need more focal length. You might also look into teleconverters.

I've gone out photographing with groups of hunters, and the first thing I noticed is that I needed to get way closer to my subjects to photograph them than they did to shoot them. To get the sort of magnification to fill even a quarter of the frame at the shortest rifle ranges you'll want to look at focal lengths of 1000mm and longer. With 200 - 300mm you have to be able to get pretty close.

thanks guys, I guess I need to sell one of my guns a get a bigger lens huh. I got to where i wold rather get a pic of them than shoot them anyway.

Most reactions

Back