Is this a good deal?

phillipkane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I found a guy selling a Hasselblad 500 c (silver and black, from 1966), along with waist level view finder, original style prism finder, 80 f2.8 "C" and 150 f4 "C" (silver), 2 original old-style film backs, and a few other odds and ends... the set is in mint, never used condition, and he wants 2k... he has all the original receipts and when it was serviced and such... I don't think I can talk him down any further, and wanted to ask y'alls opinions if you think I'm being taking advantage of? he also had the leather briefcase thing (mint), but I told him I wouldn't see myself using it, so I got him down from $2300 to $2000... I'm supposed to be meeting with him tomorrow morning, and I have already checked out the camera in person, it is pristine... thanks

Based on current asking prices, that's probably not horrible, bear in mind that you're likely still going to have to drop at least another $3-400 for a CLA and a set of light seals unless that's been done recently and the camera has seen regular use...

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it was taken in to be checked over within the last two years... it was this guys dad who bought it in Sweden back in '66 and the serial number matches the same year - the thing that scares me is the focusing screen... from the research I've done, I have found that unless it's a 500 c/m that was labeled as a 500 c, then the focusing screen is fixed with 4 screws, and pretty much non-replaceable unless you really know what you're doing... I have never shot with a Hasselblad, and it comes with the prism finder, but my eyesight isn't the greatest, so I hope I don't encounter a huge issue with that : /

Most reactions

Back