Is this a good Pickup (nikon)?

orut08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys,
I am new to this forum and to photography. I've had a point and shoot for a while and recently ive been looking at different dslr's and I found this on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sid=m37&satitle=180264609681&category0=&fvi=1
I actually got it for a little over 460, because of a 10 percent off coupon ebay had. I have no experienc with dlsr, is this a good pick up/starter? It's going to be shipped out monday, I cant wait!!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That sure looks like a good deal to me! You're getting a D40x with a bunch useful of accesories including a big (keyword big) 135mm fixed lens for less than the going price for a regular D40 with just the kit lens. Good find, IMO :thumbup:

:thumbdown: Sorry, but it sounds like a lot of money to me.

thanks for all the comments, I cant wait to get it and start shooting some pics. BTW, I mentioned it earlier, I didnt actually pay 510 as its stated on that ebay page, I had a 10 percent off coupon for ebay so it was about 470 with shipping, if that makes a difference for the comment above.

I think you could have done better, but you did ok. The accessories sealed the deal. The big lens does not play well with the camera. Both major pieces of this offering are ok, but not together. The lens is an older design that does not auto adjust for focus or aperture and was very inexpensive. The kit lens that comes with it should work quite well.

Last edited:
thanks for all the comments, I cant wait to get it and start shooting some pics. BTW, I mentioned it earlier, I didnt actually pay 510 as its stated on that ebay page, I had a 10 percent off coupon for ebay so it was about 470 with shipping, if that makes a difference for the comment above.
It doesn't, but don't fret. I did some worse deals in my time. Enjoy what you have, and keep it in good condition for when you want to upgrade. I just don't like the idea of going so high on someone elses electronic hand me downs.

That 135mm is really a pretty good lens. I own one (mine has been AI'd). It works out to be a 200mm f/2.8 and is plenty sharp for most things.

To use it easily I would go back to e-bay and get a Weston master 4 or later light meter or a Luna Pro (6- or whatever, do a search here for light meters). You will learn a lot just by learning to use one. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back