Is this a good shot or a bad shot?

Jmesparza05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1000029443.jpg

I am not a portrait photographer, but I would have moved the washing basket and what looks like some sort of frame behind the subject's head. But at the end of the day if it pleases you it's a good shot....

I am not a portrait photographer, but I would have moved the washing basket and what looks like some sort of frame behind the subject's head. But at the end of the day if it pleases you it's a good shot....
Idk what that is but I do admit I should have gotten rid of the distractions but I didn't even think about it.

I agree, all black on the right, maybe move the subject a little more in frame so the black on the left balances the right a bit. If you get rid of all the background stuff. Just have the blank wall.

Otherwise, an excellent exposure.

Agree with the suggestion above about the distracting laundry basket and the subject needs to be more to the center. What caught my eye first was the laundry basket and second the shirt. The shirt is brighter than the face. You have your forum settings set "not ok to edit". If you changed that to Ok to edit it maybe helpful for you.

Agree with the suggestion above about the distracting laundry basket and the subject needs to be more to the center. What caught my eye first was the laundry basket and second the shirt. The shirt is brighter than the face. You have your forum settings set "not ok to edit". If you changed that to Ok to edit it maybe helpful for you.
Oh I didn't realize about not ok to edit thing.

Also I did try my best for this shot but didn't realize about the distractions sadly.

As for the shirt I didn't notice that.

Oh I didn't realize about not ok to edit thing.

Also I did try my best for this shot but didn't realize about the distractions sadly.

As for the shirt I didn't notice that.
I took an online photography class and one of tips was to view your photo in the editor as very small by zooming out. This is to see what is the brightest area in an image that your eye sees first.

I took an online photography class and one of tips was to view your photo in the editor as very small by zooming out. This is to see what is the brightest area in an image that your eye sees first.
How long did it take you?

Also I'm still learning.

Frankly, you seem stuck trying to salvage a doomed set-up. Move on.

I think it's fine and I agree with others re: learning never ends. You may want to leave it for now and move on to the next shoot and then go back to this shot. Maybe you'll see other editing options for it or notice some blemishes easily fixed with some photoworks, or would try to recreate the shot with newer knowledge you've gained, etc. Your portfolio is also your learning material, no shot is "bad" per se.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back