What's new

Is this an example of "texture" in a photo?

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
boring picture I know, but I was trying to bring out the texture in the couch and the hairs of the cat, without losing exposure and messing things up. After nearing finished, I realized I had left my camera in single point AF from a prior series, doh!


suns almost right in the sky, so I can get out of this damn house. lol.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #2
oops, forgot image, lol.

$catpaw2.webp
 
I would say yes. It clearly shows the texture of the couch and the fur.

Sometimes people use texture to describe the feel of a photo though. It doesn't have that kind.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
I think the mechanical part of my brain is stuck on "texture" as in rough and jagged, etc...vs. the feel of a photo. One day it will click.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom