Is this bloatware or garbage? Can I delete it?

Philmar

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My boot drive SSD is dangerously full. It seems to have ballooned recently for reasons I don't know. ALL my data is on separate data disks. I have analyzed it using TreeSize and see two huge files I am not sure what they are.

1) C/Users/MyName/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CRLogs is 27.7 GBs large!!

Not sure what this does/stores. Is it related to Camera Raw? I had an issue with Photoshop recently where files were opening in Camera Raw which I never use (only use Lightroom). I noticed there was 30 GB file for Camera raw that when I purged it it gave me back 30 GB of space. I wonder what the above CRLogs files is for and if it is needed.

2) C/AMD/ is a total of 29.6 GB!!

I have an AMD Radeon RX 460 GPU but it's software is larger that the whole Windows 10 file. 18.7 GBs of drivers? 2.6 GB of old driver installers probably from numerous driver updates. SSD boot drive space is valuable. What are these files good for?
CRLogs.JPG
AMD.JPG

Looks like crashlogs for adobe software.

The stuff in your /AMD folder is driver setup files, from what I can tell these should be old installation files that then extract to your system 32 folder when run, so should be safe to delete as well. If you do run into issues after deletion, just download and install the latest drivers for your GFX card from AMD.

Might want to consider upgrading to a bigger boot drive too, 160GB is a bit small nowadays.

Another suggestion is to delete all of the temporary files on the drive; Windows likes to create a bunch of them. If you're not familiar with it, under the Windows Administrative Tools in the Start Menu, is Disk Cleanup.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back