Is This one enough?

RecorDingPing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi , I usually take photos with my iPhone or occasionally with a point and shoot ( which i almost abandoned because it has similar image quality to my iphone). However, to continue with my photography studies I feel like the iphone´s manual it's not enough anymore.

I´m searching for a camera that , with an entry price, focus on photography but also allows me to evolve my video skills. Also , I want it to help me evolve my skills while helping me to earn some money from small photography jobs.

From what i found googling, Nikon d3400 is a camera that, for the price it has, takes good pictures and in video is not terrible.

My question is, will Nikon d3400 be the best camera, for what I want, for less than 500 €?

With the ambitions I have, will it be worth investing a little more? It's just that I'm willing to raise the threshold value if it means a much better acquisition.

For me brands are not a problem , im good with any of them as long as the product is good.

Thank you in advance, regards.

Oh my gosh, I saw the thread title, "Is This One Enough?" and thought that perhaps it was yet another thread about the single memory card slot in the newly-announced Nikon Z6 and Z7 cameras...

The D3300 and D3400 have slightly different video capabilities. As I recall, the D3300 can accept an external microphone, but the D3400 can not. So that alone, the ability to plug in an external microphone for better-quality video sound, would make me think the D3300 would be a better camera.

On still photos, there's very little difference between the 3300 and the 3400. Both are entry-level cameras with extremely good sensor technology,and are part of the broad Nikon system.

Always but the best you can afford......

Is that a camera around 700/800$ that is soo good that is worth the extra upgrade? because a friend told me that 700/800$ cameras arent worth and at that price point you should get a bit more money and buy a full frame

Oh my gosh, I saw the thread title, "Is This One Enough?" and thought that perhaps it was yet another thread about the single memory card slot in the newly-announced Nikon Z6 and Z7 cameras...

The D3300 and D3400 have slightly different video capabilities. As I recall, the D3300 can accept an external microphone, but the D3400 can not. So that alone, the ability to plug in an external microphone for better-quality video sound, would make me think the D3300 would be a better camera.

On still photos, there's very little difference between the 3300 and the 3400. Both are entry-level cameras with extremely good sensor technology,and are part of the broad Nikon system.

:bouncingsmileys: maybe i should change the title

But anyways you think that nikon d3300 has enough quality for a begginer willing to learn and to earn his first bucks or i would see a big image improvement by spending some more hundred dollars?

Yes, D3300 has ample image quality for a beginner to use an with which to learn plenty about photography. Compare the two here: Nikon D3400 vs Nikon D3300 | DxOMark

The D3400 has about 1.1 stop more dynamic range capability, but the D3300 os better at high ISO/low-light performance.

I'd call this a tie.

Yes, D3300 has ample image quality for a beginner to use an with which to learn plenty about photography. Compare the two here: Nikon D3400 vs Nikon D3300 | DxOMark

The D3400 has about 1.1 stop more dynamic range capability, but the D3300 os better at high ISO/low-light performance.

I'd call this a tie.

Between these i agree that its a tie, but i prefer the d3300 advantages!

What about "Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III"? Similar price, but does it produce better photos and videos?

And "Fujifilm X-T20" or "Canon EOS 77D"? Is any of these two worth the extra price?

.. at that price point you should get a bit more money and buy a full frame
Your friend is trying to help, but you should not assume a "full frame" is automatically the better camera. Newer, more advanced technology in a "crop sensor" may be the better choice over a "full frame" sensor that has been in production for years.

Try to think instead of:

1. your intended use

2. image quality

3. lenses and other attachments

.. at that price point you should get a bit more money and buy a full frame
Your friend is trying to help, but you should not assume a "full frame" is automatically the better camera. Newer, more advanced technology in a "crop sensor" may be the better choice over a "full frame" sensor that has been in production for years.

Try to think instead of:

1. your intended use

2. image quality

3. lenses and other attachments

Ok i got it... about the examples i posted above, what do you think? Nikon d3300? Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III?
Is it a big improvement in image quality if i spend more on a Fujifilm X-T20 or a Canon EOS 77D? or it is not a so big improvement and maybe the 2 cheaper cameras are a better choice?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back