What's new

Is this really a no- brainer ?

brdy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Below are two Camera kit options.

In respect to performance ONLY not bang for bucks terms.
Is there anyone "in the know" that thinks that kit 2 the D7000 kit could match the 7D kit in performance.

Apologies in advance if this seems like a stupid question but would like to know your thoughts.

Canon 7D Kit
canon_7d_kit.jpg



Nikon D7000 kit
Nikon_D7000_kit.jpg
 
Well, the 70-200 f/4 L is going to give you better performance image quality wise than any lenses you included in the Nikon lineup. It's not really a fair comparison (I'm a Canon user, and I'll be the first to admit it). Personally, I'd buy a 7D just because I feel it to be slightly better than the D7000, but you'd really be happy with either, as long as you have glass to support your new body.
 
It's odd that third party lens have been included in the Nikon kit. I'd consider it a fairer comparison if all native lenses were used for both.
 
I would pick better glass over better camera. So I would go with Canon in this case.
 
I use a d7000 quite a bit, and I'm very impressed with it. However, it needs pro glass to be at it's best.... This may seem obvious, but I had a d90 and d7000 concurrently, and on anything less than pro glass, the d90 had consistently better image quality.... that's not pixel peeping, its just plain better IQ. With pro glass, the 7000 outclasses the 90 in every way, and by stretch... the difference between lenses on this camera is remarkable....

The 7000 is a fantastic camera... but as an owner, I would only recomend it to someone who has already invested in a stable of excellent lenses...

Paul
 
I have the D7000 also and the professional photographer I work for has a 5D with the 70-200 f4, but after looking at that lens lineup I would go with the 7D if they cost the same. Now if the D7000 package came with a Nikon 70-200... it would be a different story. but the lenses in the canon package will outperform that Tamron 70-300
 
Even though im a Nikon fanboy, id go with the Canon in this case simply because of the lens factor, that 70-200mm is a real piece of work.
 
I agree with the others about the canon 7D (I own one) but I have always felt canon makes the better body and nikon the better lens. the line up you put with the 7D are great lenses don't get me wrong I also own several L glass lenses and would not part with them. I would how ever go with the 17-40 F4 rather than the EFS 17-55 it is a little slower but makes up for it with quality glass.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom