What's new

What are some other cameras worth trying?

pictures_by_caleb

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 8, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I’ve recently been looking to upgrade my camera, it’s a Fujifilm x-t200.
I’ve been looking at the x-t4, but the used market with Fuji stuff is so out of control, a lot of people are charging just less than what the brand new model costs.
I don’t even know where to start with other brands. I’ve heard Sony is nice, but I don’t know what I should be looking for. Nikon also seems like a great bang for your buck.
Does anyone know what a good camera would be for street and portrait style photography? Or should I just stick with Fuji?
Thanks
 
I’ve recently been looking to upgrade my camera, it’s a Fujifilm x-t200.
I’ve been looking at the x-t4, but the used market with Fuji stuff is so out of control, a lot of people are charging just less than what the brand new model costs.
I don’t even know where to start with other brands. I’ve heard Sony is nice, but I don’t know what I should be looking for. Nikon also seems like a great bang for your buck.
Does anyone know what a good camera would be for street and portrait style photography? Or should I just stick with Fuji?
Thanks
If you can find a lightly used example, the original XT1 is nice. Its sensor/processor pair is much-loved. I have two and don't feel constrained by its 16mp sensor since I shoot Fujinon primes.
Frankly, do your research then come back with specifics. Google awaits...
 
Last edited:
[...] the used market with Fuji stuff is so out of control, a lot of people are charging just less than what the brand new model costs. [...]
That means that there is high demand and that the stuff keeps its value.
 
I think the Z5II is best bang for the buck right now performance wise. But there are cameras from others with better specifications for more money of course. I just got one even though I have the better Z8 already. Moving my wife from D600 to the Z5II. So far she is liking it. But your also moving into a new lens system. The best thing is to pick a price range for the body. And check specifics between brands. Then come to the forums and research them some from people posts to get real world info. Also youtube, there is probably 100 videos on each camera, if not more for the popular ones reviewing, changing settings, etc. Then look into the system pricing - lens prices, accessory prices, etc. I have been Nikon for a very long time so I am sure I am biased towards them. But did try Canon Digital about 18 years or so ago. And I still have Pentax, Canon, Minolta film cameras and lenses. But Nikon is my main brand.
 
I'm a huge fan of Nikon. Too old and set in my ways to leave my SLRs and DSLRs but if I were looking for a new camera today, I'd certainly look at the Nikon Zf.
The analog controls are very useful. They are not universally liked, but those of us who like them, love them. (I own a DF. It's a Joy to photograph with.)
Good solid investment. Good build. Should last you a lifetime.
Good luck.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom