The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I drove back from near Albany, NY to my home in Maryland and the traffic moved along quite quickly - the average while actually moving was 68 mph and the first part of the trip was on secondary roads.

I don't remember when I actually went as fast as the max speed indicates; that might have been while I was passing someone. :05.18-flustered:

upload_2016-2-22_13-45-3.png

Just above crawling speed, according to a unit conversion.

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 2.32.14 PM.png

Since the other speeds in the other panels are in miles per hour, I thought this one would be the same.

So even if was a "misprint" and the instrument manufacturer meant to write "kilometers/hour", then:

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 2.56.54 PM.png

Yes, I'd say that was indeed speeding. Not many cars can go that fast, but if yours does, then congratulations!

Could be a misplaced decimal point.

There should be a way to calculate the maximum amount of time which Lew traveled at around maximum speed in order to get an average moving speed of 68mph.

If anyone wants to pick up the challenge, let's assume his GPS records a sample every second and he did not drive under 30mph for more than 10% of the recorded moving time.

other factoids of some interest.
336 miles on 9.5 gals of regular in rented Ford Focus.
regular gas is as low as $1.51 in some areas on NYC.
Tolls were way more than gas.
I drove to Queens for an errand on Saturday and, if not for the GPS, would still be trying to find my way out.

Audis are very popular in Westchester County; driving away from toll station (sign cautions that 65 is max speed) I was overtaken by a black Audi R8. It was even with me for about 100 feet at 65 mph going thrugh the toll arch and then just pulled away like I was stopped.
My next life I will be rich and handsome.

I'm having my truck's speedometer changed to furlongs per fortnight - I like living on the edge.

. ..or 80.6667 ft/s

Most reactions

New Topics

Back