No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:blushing:

100_5363Susanandherdoll2-1.jpg

100_5364OldFriends-1.jpg

100_5368Susananddollcolour.jpg

I got the idea when I read the list of topics to choose from, for "Boxer Turtle"....I was thinking of entering one of these for "Old Friends". But I wasn't sure it would go over well.....on the "lighter side" of this forum!!! LOL!!

So.....what do you think???

(Yes, it's an antique doll.)

I don't find it too creepy, but then again I think my creep threshold is pretty high and somewhat jaded. It's seems, to me, to be lacking something as far as telling a story, if that makes sense. I think what's maybe taking away from some of the creepy factor is the blanket, or type of blanket. Maybe one that has lace, one that's tattered and 'aged'?

I think it's a cool theme for sure, antique doll on a grave. Possibilities abound on that one. I do like the mono version for sure, definitely needs that. Maybe a weird crop?

Just my thoughts on it, not a critique by any means.

The headstone is great. I like that there is nothing around it, gives it that lonely, abandoned feel.

Are you able to work with it, or is it a busy place? Like could you light it up? ;)

Nicely done Arto. Im undecided between the black and white, and the sepia toned one as my fave. I like the placement of the doll, which adds a nice touch. Cool lookin doll too. :D Betcha Ripper would like that one. He likes dolls:lol:
Not too creepy. Im diggin them. :thumbup::thumbup: If I was to get picky....my eye keeps looking at the blanket and I dont know why. But no matter....still a nice job.:D

Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate all feedback (please, feel free to "critique" any time!!)

I agree with the blanket issues....but I had to do *something*....someone chopped off her little legs and then stitched her up. LOL! Very odd....I bought her that way.....but I still liked the look of her...and she looks to be wearing the original (or another old) dress.

Thanks again!!!

Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate all feedback (please, feel free to "critique" any time!!)

I agree with the blanket issues....but I had to do *something*....someone chopped off her little legs and then stitched her up. LOL! Very odd....I bought her that way.....but I still liked the look of her...and she looks to be wearing the original (or another old) dress.

Thanks again!!!

But thats cool. :D I wonder if you could get a closer shot, of the doll and the gravestone, with the focus on the wounds. :D

But thats cool. :D I wonder if you could get a closer shot, of the doll and the gravestone, with the focus on the wounds. :D

LOL!! ....Silly me...:er:...here I was trying so hard to cover it up!!!! :lol:

Unfortunately(?) she's sewn up very neatly....and she just looks "odd"!! (Hmmm...."odd" and "creepy" go together though, don't they!!!??)

:sexywink:

....Might have to go out and try again!! :D

Odd is good. :D If you set the doll on the ground, and lay down....focus on the "wounds", with the stone in the background....maybe? Just thinking out loud. :lol:

Oh see, ya a doll with surgical scars? Sweet for sure you gotta work with that... ;)

Some smoke or mist on the ground would look interesting.

I don't suppose you have access to live trained rats do you....? (what? :lol:)

Oh see, ya a doll with surgical scars? Sweet for sure you gotta work with that... ;)

Some smoke or mist on the ground would look interesting.

I don't suppose you have access to live trained rats do you....? (what? :lol:)

I have some fake ones. :lol::lmao:

I have some fake ones. :lol::lmao:

:lmao:....In the "real" world....I might totally deny it....but I *must* confess here that I too have a few fake rats 'lying' around somewhere!!! :lol:

I have only one (fake rat)..... his tail was chewed off by the cat...:thumbup: so he kinda looks like a guinea pig now, sort of.

I should probably light him on fire and take some photos, put him out of his misery. :lol:

Most reactions

Back