ISO 3200, 2-stop push

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There were *maybe* 5 usable images from this roll ... maybe. Everything was horribly underexposed, almost perfectly clear negatives and what was there had grain like 80-grit sandpaper ... But I was expecting something like this, so no terrible disappointment.

Here's the best three IMHO. This is Ilford Delta 3200 pushed to 12800 with DDX at 17:00.

1)
LateNightPush-1.jpg

2)
LateNightPush-2.jpg

3)
LateNightPush-3.jpg

That is pretty damn good!
Well, thanks :) I had to bring them up & add contrast in LR. But yeah I was happy with these ... I had meant to do a time exposure, so I just ran some water in the sink.

Well...now you have experience with a gritty, coarse, low-detail way to shoot and process! To pre-visualize the look, have 4,5 beers and squint your eyes pretty tightly. THAT'S THE LOOK! The subject matter of these three actually seems to go well with the processing and vice-versa...if these were say daisies in a field, or an Easter egg hunt, this look might seem out of place, but on these urban,low-detail, night-time type scenes, this look goes along just fine.

To pre-visualize the look, have 4,5 beers and squint your eyes pretty tightly. THAT'S THE LOOK!

Thanks ... And yes, this is precisely what I did ... A few more beers than 4-5 were involved, and traipsing around the neighborhood at 2:00 am with an X-700 and a spot meter was all just "part of the experience", LOL

Dude...when I say beers...I mean 40 ouncers...

I like #2 most. Use beer as motivational help to. :1219:
That's pretty good push, in reality no 2 but more like 3.5 stops. Nice.

Most reactions

Back