Israel - Summer 2008 - CC welcome

blash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
With these photos I know the post-processing is a bit off etc. I am looking for CC more in the area of, composition and other areas that are from a behind-the-camera perspective of a photographer's worth, besides the fact that Photobucket messes with the colors already there I think, or else Photoshop's just color-calibrated wrong (oy...) Hey, it looks better on my screen :S Point is these were shot on a D80 and 18-135 kit lens and you guys know the D80 outputs better than that.

The first photo is from Rosh Hanikra, on the Lebanon border:

roshhanikra.png

The second one is from Jaffa (old Tel Aviv). Here I was trying to create an effect of having the sun where the (for lack of a better word) head of the palm tree is for an interesting effect (yes the highlights are blown, etc... not the CC I'm looking for here).

yafochurch_skyneedswork_web.png

Feel free to mess around with these as you like for CC purposes.

i really like # 1.. i would have slowed down the shutter speed some though to get a nice effect on the water

as for #2 its always hard shooting into the sun... not bad though, I see what you were going for

nice photos you got there. pretty inspiring to take photos like this to. i am planing for a vacation tour but still not decided on which country. an i am gonna bring my camera with me.

man I thought I posted a reply to this... guess not. Anyways, the thing about the water in #1 is that it seems like the protip for water is to *always* slow the shutter down in order to get the soft effect, unless you're trying to photograph water droplets with macro glass or it's sports, where you'd be using a quick shutter speed anyways but it's cool to see sweat flying around. Here though I wanted to water to look pretty frothy in order to say something about the warmth of the photo (which actually shows on my monitor, the rocks actually look like orange-y sand or something rather than dull parchment, and the water is this aquatic cerulean), as well as commentary on the darker part of the tonal range for the photograph - the bottom of the rock formations. But yeah, it probably could have been slowed down a touch and still have the intended effect - I didn't have a tripod with me in Israel and that most probably affected my work a bit.

wchua: if you can afford it, go to Israel :D There's a lot of potential for urban photography that, although it might not offer the classical-ness of Europe, offers up what Israel truly is - a mixing bowl, a blend between modern Western-style culture and traditional Eastern culture. It works rather well, and then of course there's a good deal of nature photography in the North - forests, mountains, and the like - a lot of beautiful scenery.

Most reactions

Back