Issues with shooting with my current system

Centropolis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently volunteered to take photos at a small concert where most of the music played are acoustic guitars and vocals or piano and vocals. I took pictures with my A6000 and the pictures turned out decent. But the issue was, I felt like every time I click the shutter, the shutter noise is so loud that everyone around me would hear me and probably annoyed by the constant clicking noise. No one said anything to me but if I was them, I would be annoyed too if I was close by.

So I started to read up on cameras that had silent shutters or electronic shutters. The problem with them is that the way they are designed, they may not work well with moving subjects or fluorescent lighting as it may distort the photos.

Any recommendations on what I should do? Just have to find a mirriorless camera that has a relatively more quiet shutter? Is that all my option?

Most/all mirrorless are quite quiet. Many of the mirrorless also sport an electronic shutter rendering them completely silent. The A6000 is mirrorless, I am surprised that anybody can hear it beyond your own personal space. I shoot Fuji and they are all very quiet. Fuji cameras provide the option of using an electronic shutter. I haven't any problem of distortion when using the electronic shutter. Fuji's FX lenses are exceptional.

I just recently photographed a baptism with my a7rII and silent shutter turned on - first time, amazing experience - no sound at all. I didn´t find any problems - the light was mixed window, LED, fluorescent. But be sure to turn it on again when going out. People are confused when you take pictures of them without hearing a shutter noise :D.
The a6300 - successor of your camera has a silent shutter too.

Most reactions

Back