What's new

Issues with Star Trails!

Is there such thing as "auto sensor cleaning"? You know, the one where the sensor vibrates to get dust off itself. If there is such a feature of automatic sensor cleaning after each shot(which I am just making a wild wild guess), may be this is another factor to cause the misalignment?

I am not sure of vibrations on a shaky deck will cause that kind of misalignment. The deck has to be really shaky and someone's probably doing break dancing.
 
There is auto sensor cleaning, thats only on when you turn the camera on and off though. But perhaps its because the Image Stabilize was on.

Actually, now that you mention it, i'm proably an idiot. Because the IS motor shakes for no reason when on a tripod, and would create those formulaic patterns. I think this is probably the problem, I will try again soon, steady ground, IS off.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom