Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Fell out of my pocket when I was carrying stuff into the school this morning to get ready for our Psychology club bake sale . . . right onto the cement.

Overread

has a hat around here somewhere
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Photos OK to edit
nasty - can you get it repaired? or is it going to cost you

OP
Corry

Corry

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
To repair it would cost almost as much as getting a new one. Actually, now that the 3G is out it would probably cost more. The only figures I'm seeing are ones that I think were put out before the 3G, and that's about $250. You can get an 8Gb 3G for $199. (Mine is a 16GB, though)

mrodgers

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Wrong title. It's impossible for it to happen to me. I'm not addicted to cell phones and don't have one :D.

I'm married with young kids. I have no money, thus no friends nor do I go anywhere. If I need to talk to my wife, I just yell up the steps from the basement, hehe.

AdamBomb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
One day I dropped my 16 GB 3G, It landed SO hard on the kitchen tile one day. It landed PERFECTLY FLAT on its face. I picked it up, the screen went white, then Black. That was the last time I ever saw my baby light up. :(

Luckily for me, There was absolutely NO physical damage. I walked into the Apple store, Played dumb ("I don't know what happened, It just wouldn't turn on!") I walked out less than 10 minutes later with a brand new one costing me zero dollars.

Was yours Jailbroken?

ndredsox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacksonwade.com
Photos OK to edit
I believe pda dot net sells new screen for pretty cheap. Even come with the tools if you pay extra. Think of it as an excuse to get a 3G!

OP
Corry

Corry

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
One day I dropped my 16 GB 3G, It landed SO hard on the kitchen tile one day. It landed PERFECTLY FLAT on its face. I picked it up, the screen went white, then Black. That was the last time I ever saw my baby light up. :(

Luckily for me, There was absolutely NO physical damage. I walked into the Apple store, Played dumb ("I don't know what happened, It just wouldn't turn on!") I walked out less than 10 minutes later with a brand new one costing me zero dollars.

Was yours Jailbroken?

No, it isn't jailbroken. Yet.

And it actually still works. I have no idea how it can be shattered like that, and the touchscreen still works almost perfectly (I say perfectly, because when I was trying to text Joe (clarinetjwd) this morning to tell him what happened, I kept hitting the backspace, and it thought I was hitting 'L'. It only did that for a few minutes, though, and now when I hit backspace, it backspaces.

So, let's just hope it holds on for about another month, because I can't afford to replace it before then.

And as much as it'll be nice to have the updated features of the 3G . . . I MUCH prefer the body style of the original, that I have. I'm gonna miss it. :(

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Photos OK to edit
Get an HTC Touch Pro :p. I dropped it exactly 4 times since I got it in December and it still works :p

ndredsox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacksonwade.com
Photos OK to edit
And as much as it'll be nice to have the updated features of the 3G . . . I MUCH prefer the body style of the original, that I have. I'm gonna miss it. :(

The first gen. metal back was a great look! I held onto mine after I upgraded for as long as I could.

AdamBomb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I held on to mine too, Until someone offered me almost $400 for it!!

Most reactions