It doesnt seem real.

graigdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got a call that my neighbor was found dead this morning. He commited suicide with a shot gun in his drive way at about 5:30 am. He was 25 and I grew up with him through school. Hes the one that gave me my first Lacrosse stick and got me into the sport. I used to go fishing with him all the time too.

I have never known anyone this close to me to take their own life. I have known people who have died from a drug o/d, and its hard to really make a difference from either instance. But its to think that he was probably sitting in the drive way thinking about it. I wish I would have walked out just 1 min earlier to stop him.

I dont know what could be that bad that one would want to take their own life. When you have family and friends that you are hurting for the rest of their lives. Such a selfish and stupid way to "take care" of your problems.

I dont know what I want to hear anyone say here. And Im sorry to post something so sad on this board. But I had to get this off my chest.

RIP Rob Fryberg

Well, there are no words. He did it; it's over; it's done. :shock:

You poor baby. :hug: I'm sorry. Don't worry about dumping in here; we all do it.

graigdavis said:
I dont know what I want to hear anyone say here. And Im sorry to post something so sad on this board. But I had to get this off my chest.

:hug:

Wow, that's tough. I've known several people (myself included) that have come close over the years, but none that have actually gone through with it. Thoughts and prayers not only for him, but for the friends and family left behind with all the what ifs.

That sucks dude. I've known a couple people take their life but was never as close to them as you were. :(

For someone to do that they'd have to be really hurting, I just hope the cure worked out OK for him.

I'm sorry :( My thoughts are with you both *hug*

Graig, I'm so sorry to hear this. My grandfather killed himself last summer. I know how hard it is to understand why people would do this. Wishing you peace. :hug:

graigdavis said:
Thanks guys. Im in my angry stage rite now. Ticks me off that he would do that. :?

so stupid...

Your stage is normal. Anger takes over usually after something like this. I'm sorry you had to deal with this experience, it's sad to see people put an end to their lives for some reason or another. Stay strong GD, we're behind you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back