It has been made clear to me

Don't worry...nothing out of the ordinary in that post other than your excessive posts...

There is a time...I wasn't even involved and thought it was annoying...ahaha.

Take it easy, man...it's all good.

Plural? Only one?

Yea, when you get a transplant, they only give you one. It's all you need, most of the human body has redundant systems. A little trivia for you: The 2 bad kidneys are not removed in most cases. It requires cutting a couple ribs to remove a kidney unless done laproscopically through the front. A transplanted kidney is placed in the front, lower abdomen on either the right or left side. This permit's the Doc's to do biopsy's if needed or to pop it out if it rejects. If it fails like my first transplant did after 14 1/2 years, they leave it in and put the second on the other side. I really have 4 kidneys, but only one functions well. The other 3 atrophied down to the size of a walnut and do nothing.

Today's trivia lesson.

Yea, when you get a transplant, they only give you one. It's all you need, most of the human body has redundant systems. A little trivia for you: The 2 bad kidneys are not removed in most cases. It requires cutting a couple ribs to remove a kidney unless done laproscopically through the front. A transplanted kidney is placed in the front, lower abdomen on either the right or left side. This permit's the Doc's to do biopsy's if needed or to pop it out if it rejects. If it fails like my first transplant did after 14 1/2 years, they leave it in and put the second on the other side. I really have 4 kidneys, but only one functions well. The other 3 atrophied down to the size of a walnut and do nothing.

Today's trivia lesson.
ahaha...you learn something new every day...
That's pretty gross to think about though...

Today's trivia lesson.

The trivial part of it is pretty cool, but the fact that it happened to you still sucks. Thanks for the little nugget of info. :)

ahaha...you learn something new every day...
That's pretty gross to think about though...

No, what's gross is having dialysis done 3 times a week in a room full of others and you all are having your blood drained out of you, filtered and replaced. About a 4 hour process that kicks your butt. You become immune to it in a short while. That is immune to the process, not the butt kick'in.

Today's trivia lesson.

I know a girl who has three kidneys. That's just greedy. I've told her that she should donate one or possibly sell one, but she won't

I know a girl who has three kidneys. That's just greedy. I've told her that she should donate one or possibly sell one, but she won't
I wonder what a kidney goes for on the black market these days...? :greenpbl:

I wonder how much mine is worth.. .I have two... Maybe i could "donate" one...

I have been looking to invest in some new lenses....

I really have 4 kidneys, but only one functions well. The other 3 atrophied down to the size of a walnut and do nothing.

Today's trivia lesson.

Have you ever thought about all the hype in the media you may cause in 700 years when some over zealous explorer discovers your remains and determines that you must really be 3000 years old and humans have de-evolved to only two kidneys? :shock:

[FONT=&quot]Technically, it's illegal to sell organs in the U.S. But China executes prisoners to sell organs and transplant, all courtesy of the state.
[/FONT]

Most reactions

Back