It Snowed in the Desert Today HDR

Faux blur, dreamy effect, weird color, excessive faux vignette...

Ok. I would like to say though in the last photo my client wanted this look. She asked if I could do this as she was going to be using the same image for invitations and would be in a black background.

First one the girl had a lot of acne and asked if I could do something about it. I think I could have done with out the vignette and agree on that.

2nd no one to blame but myself. This is my daughter and this is what I wanted to print on a canvas wrap. No excesses.

Thanks

Camera sitting on a table WOW why didn't someone else ever think about this. You talk about rule of thirds but I don't see it here? Color is good but has to much black. It would nice to see more into the lens. Also the lens is blurry. the white coming from the left onto the camera is a different white than the other side and its a little more harsh and not as soft.

Did you read the statement I made in regards to the photograph? I take it you didn't, or else you'd see that you basically critiqued things that I gave thoughtful justification for. You are not capable of giving respectful C&C, as proven by your first sentence. Have you never heard of product photography? I intentionally left the lens statistics out of focus because I DIDN'T want attention drawn to them. And if you knew about LIGHTING you'd know that since I put an umbrella camera right, that I am going to get softer light which is appropriate for a MAIN LIGHT in a photograph.

I guess I shouldn't have asked you to critique my photos, because you don't have a deep enough understanding of light or photography to realize why I made the decisions I did. It would be wise not to criticize one's choice of subject matter, as your first photo in the thread was an HDR of a Ford Explorer with a clipped tire.

The rainy night looks like your about to get him by a train.

Really? I'd never thought about that. Maybe it's because there's no train tracks, which would be pretty obvious. :meh:

There is more space on the girls side than yours its not evenly spaced and it looks like it was supposed to be centered. The light on the ground is over exposed and fades into a purple color. The Green on the left upper side is distracting and keeps my eyes moving up into the corner.

Yes, you are entirely correct. The green branch should have been removed from the photo, as well as the purple fringing. For some reason, I thought I grabbed the URL for the further edited one that I did where I turned the ground to B&W, and cloned out the branch.

Camera sitting on a table WOW why didn't someone else ever think about this. You talk about rule of thirds but I don't see it here? Color is good but has to much black. It would nice to see more into the lens. Also the lens is blurry. the white coming from the left onto the camera is a different white than the other side and its a little more harsh and not as soft.

Did you read the statement I made in regards to the photograph? I take it you didn't, or else you'd see that you basically critiqued things that I gave thoughtful justification for. You are not capable of giving respectful C&C, as proven by your first sentence. Have you never heard of product photography? I intentionally left the lens statistics out of focus because I DIDN'T want attention drawn to them. And if you knew about LIGHTING you'd know that since I put an umbrella camera right, that I am going to get softer light which is appropriate for a MAIN LIGHT in a photograph.

I guess I shouldn't have asked you to critique my photos, because you don't have a deep enough understanding of light or photography to realize why I made the decisions I did. It would be wise not to criticize one's choice of subject matter, as your first photo in the thread was an HDR of a Ford Explorer with a clipped tire.

Really? I'd never thought about that. Maybe it's because there's no train tracks, which would be pretty obvious. :meh:

There is more space on the girls side than yours its not evenly spaced and it looks like it was supposed to be centered. The light on the ground is over exposed and fades into a purple color. The Green on the left upper side is distracting and keeps my eyes moving up into the corner.

Yes, you are entirely correct. The green branch should have been removed from the photo, as well as the purple fringing. For some reason, I thought I grabbed the URL for the further edited one that I did where I turned the ground to B&W, and cloned out the branch.

I am capable of giving respectful CC but at this point Really? You think you deserve it after you bashed my thread and can not stop replying. I asked if you wanted to take this further than PM me but you chose not to which shows your level of respect. Whatever dude!

Its pointless with you. Me too! We can agree to disagree and move on. Please just let it go. I think we are both stubborn enough that this will never stop.

You know what, I will just stop and will not respond to anymore of your postings in this thread as you have ruined it, we both look like to babies fighting over mamas milk.

Good day.

Sorry to everyone that has had to read this thread. I think the majority was not about the original topic.

Hope you had popcorn while viewing.:lmao:

:lol:

I think we are both stubborn enough that this will never stop.

I bashed your thread only after you got butthurt about C&C. Honestly, you deserved it, and nothing I said was inaccurate. And I at least gave respectful C&C that was based on actual photographic arts rather than stumbling trying to find fault with one of my photos and doing so in a childish and unprofessional way.

Yes, indeed. Good day. I hope you'll find my C&C much more soothing and nurturing in the future. :thumbup:

these are really good :)

vipgraphx said:
No just you! I would know if I am 18 or not I am 37. How I treat my clients and business are totally different on how I treat people like you. They pay they get quality work and customer satisfaction. I graduated from the Art Center in 2001 and yes taking CC is a big deal and I did learn however when you have a presentation in front of classmates and teachers you can hear their voices and they give the good and the bad. It is a professional environment, this forum is not. Yes I am guilty but what came first the chicken or the egg. I think I was defending my self and my perspective. So without your post things would not have gotten this far. I think you enjoy this stuff I really do. I think Bynx is a grown man that can handle himself but instead you chose to be Superman and save the day.

In regards to your pictures,

The rainy night looks like your about to get him by a train. There is more space on the girls side than yours its not evenly spaced and it looks like it was supposed to be centered. The light on the ground is over exposed and fades into a purple color. The Green on the left upper side is distracting and keeps my eyes moving up into the corner.

Thats about it.

If you would like to argue more I don't mind and lets take it PM so that the topic can get back on track.

If you had read his explanation about the setup of the first photo, he says that he shot one light through an umbrella and one light bare. Depending on the way that the light is delivered, the temperature can change. He was also well aware of the harshness. He used it to accentuate detail. Soft light...does not accentuate detail. Haven't you ever looked at an editorial photograph?

Maybe 'hit by a train' was the look he was going for? Just like with your picture? It's just personal taste, man. I think you are getting way over your head in terms of skill. I'm sure that your graphic design skills rock, and much of your photography is pretty good, but a lot of it... Is not. Like the portraits. They're not that swell, like Swettylens said. I could give an honest CC but I'm typing from any iPhone and it's not very easy.

Most reactions

Back