I've done a lot of this type of stuff in the pas, and while it looks neat, I personally don't love it. I think you've taken it too far and lost too much with all the white and brightness.
Here's a couple examples of what I have done in the past....if you really play with layers you can come up with some pretty cool stuff. (Below images started as photos)
First one was a picture of my car (You can spot a license plate if you look hard enough. Second was a picture of my son (ultrasound pic I believe).
I have quite a bit of stuff like this. You can also get creative with a blank slate too. I think my best/favorites I've done started off with nothing but some scribbling on a blank white "sheet' in photoshop.
Edit: Changed to links...didn't mean to imbed the photos.
I have quite a bit of stuff like this. You can also get creative with a blank slate too. I think my best/favorites I've done started off with nothing but some scribbling on a blank white "sheet' in photoshop.