It was a tough landing

I've only been able to make it out there once, several years ago (well before this was added), but it's definitely one of the better aviation museums around.

For those who don't know, this is the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon (about an hour outside Portland), and this may not be the biggest plane they have. This museum is also home to Howard Hughes's Spruce Goose, which is pretty darn impressive itself.

I've only been able to make it out there once, several years ago (well before this was added), but it's definitely one of the better aviation museums around.

For those who don't know, this is the Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville, Oregon (about an hour outside Portland), and this may not be the biggest plane they have. This museum is also home to Howard Hughes's Spruce Goose, which is pretty darn impressive itself.
Another great reason to become a member of a great forum like this... You never know what info you will get... I had never heard of this Spruce Goose but googled it... What an amazing aircraft.. Especially the fact that it is wooden... Now I finally see a reason to go to Oregon.... LOL. I would love to see it in person

I believe the Spruce Goose still holds the record of being the largest. This image was also taken there

Most reactions

Back