It will never happen but if I go to digital

railman44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'll probably pick the Canon EOS 20D. I'm a Nikon guy and this is very hard to admit. Don't let it worry you, I couldn't afford the lenses...

yeah i bet it is very hard to switch if you already have money invested in lenses

I said the same thing to but love what digital offers. The only film I shoot now are slides for some magazines and infrared for myself.

Eric

I can hardly wait to add a quality digital camera to my bag! When I can get 1Ds Mk2 image quality and a decent lens for $2000 is the day I'm waiting for. How long do you think I have to wait?

ksmattfish said:
I can hardly wait to add a quality digital camera to my bag! When I can get 1Ds Mk2 image quality and a decent lens for $2000 is the day I'm waiting for. How long do you think I have to wait?

October - not saying what year

ksmattfish said:

Absolutely!
When the 1Ds Mk2 (or equivalent with a full frame sensor) sells for $3,000 or less that's when I upgrade my 10D.
Probably 2006?

I consider myself a Nikon man also. had a n75,n80, D70. I was pleased with the D70 but I sold out to buy a canon 20D. I think I made the right choice. Great camera.

Hung Over Harry said:
I consider myself a Nikon man also. had a n75,n80, D70. I was pleased with the D70 but I sold out to buy a canon 20D. I think I made the right choice. Great camera.

Wow! Now there's a brave/wealthy man...don't suppose you've got any Nikon glass you'd want to unload cheap? :) :wink:

Actually I dont, my "plan" is to get a d2x...thats the plan(save, save,save)...so I want to hold on to my stuff, at least for now. I just fell in love with the 20D and had to sacrafice the D70 to get it. At this rate I''ll be in the poor house. I hardly shoot film anymore so the Nikons dont get a lot of use.

Who knows I might just turn full canon instead. I really have no reason at all to have a D2x honestly. Im just one of those nuts who have to have the new toy. My wants are bigger than my pocketbook!!

Maybe a 12 step program is in my future :)

I justify the 20D on the 5 frames a second and the 8mp. Very quick focus. As long as I have a reasons right?!?

mrsid99 said:
Absolutely!
When the 1Ds Mk2 (or equivalent with a full frame sensor) sells for $3,000 or less that's when I upgrade my 10D.
Probably 2006?
2-3 years from now. I want full frame digital too (as well as lots of other people)

Hung Over Harry said:
Actually I dont, my "plan" is to get a d2x...thats the plan(save, save,save)...so I want to hold on to my stuff, at least for now. I just fell in love with the 20D and had to sacrafice the D70 to get it. At this rate I''ll be in the poor house. I hardly shoot film anymore so the Nikons dont get a lot of use.

Who knows I might just turn full canon instead. I really have no reason at all to have a D2x honestly. Im just one of those nuts who have to have the new toy. My wants are bigger than my pocketbook!!

Maybe a 12 step program is in my future :)

I justify the 20D on the 5 frames a second and the 8mp. Very quick focus. As long as I have a reasons right?!?

I can understand you falling in love with the 20D, something similar happened to me and my 10D but I've a Nikon N90s that won't leave me alone and there's something about it that makes me take it out for a walk occasionally.
It's also the reason I'm thinking about a Pentax 67II but that's another money pit for another day.
There'll always be something bigger, better, shinier or nicer than we've got so we'll always be poor......fun isn't it?

Hung Over Harry said:
at least we can take pictures of our shrinking bank accounts!

Aaarrggghhh! I now need a macro lens! :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back