It's all in their expression...

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...another shot from when my brother came back from Iraq and had to leave us again after two short weeks home... I put into b/w and did a tight crop to focus the attention on their emotions... not sure if it worked or if it only works for me.

Comments and critiques welcome, as always :)

MomandBrandon.jpg

this has alot of emotion

It does work very well taralyn...i can feel the emotion and deffo see it in your mom's eyes. :)

as for the tech side of things...did you desaturate in PS? just feel it is lacking contrast and it has that look of straight desaturation. Nicely composed tho :thumbup: the tight crop is right for this shot.

Thanks you everyone for your feedback! I appreciate it, as always :)

JonK - yes, I did desaturate a little in this editing program I have to give it a soft feel - also, the original photograph was in color...

I don't think other people can imagine how much this shot means to you. People like me I mean. And that is the importancy, isn't it. I mean, you don't shoot pics like this because of the cred you will get on here, but because of the value it has for you and your family.

Great shot and a lot of emotion anyway..

Thank you Foffen - you hit it right on the head when you said "you don't shoot pics like this because of the cred you will get on here, but because of the value it has for you and your family.".....

Most reactions

Back