It's all just a dream...

niforpix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My buddy wanted me to do one of these for him. I also screwed around a little more with it and changed some labels on bottles/books, etc... oh and the ceiling lol

C&C welcomed :)

3427607881_5975f3787c_b.jpg

ha ha, I love it. The ceiling adds into the dream aspect of it all. My only critique is possibly doing something different with the window on the right it brings in a little bit too much reality IMO

It is well done with the exception of the ceiling. it looks like it was simply copied, the perspective was adjusted and that was it. It needs to have some depth on it. It looks too fake, even if it is supposed to be "dream like". Doing this would also make it looked less chopped by the guy standing on the back of the couch.

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I wasn't sure what to do with the window. And I agree with you Mya, the ceiling didn't come out that well. Originally it was much brighter too which looked even more fake... I'm not sure what else could've done with it to add more depth as you suggested. Maybe it's still too bright?

I kind of like the window because the "normal" looking guy is in front of the "normal" looking window. Its as if he is reading an adventure book in his living room and behind him is his imagination (well...maybe with the exception of the one on the sofa). Fun picture.

oh, ok, now I feel dumb...I just read the title of the thread.

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, I wasn't sure what to do with the window. And I agree with you Mya, the ceiling didn't come out that well. Originally it was much brighter too which looked even more fake... I'm not sure what else could've done with it to add more depth as you suggested. Maybe it's still too bright?

I think it just needs some shading... Like towards the edges, corners and towards the back of the room. Also maybe just a touch less detailed? with a hint of DOF? I dont know, just suggestions. They may look like crap once you do them, but those are my thoughts for any solutions :mrgreen:

Try blending the outside edges also... so they are not so sharp.... does that make sense?

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE edit, but I thought a visual aid would help :) You could do much better with the original and using layers. But anyways.... I hope you dont mind

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Try blending the outside edges also... so they are not so sharp.... does that make sense?

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE edit, but I thought a visual aid would help :) You could do much better with the original and using layers. But anyways.... I hope you dont mind

Untitled-1.jpg

Crap... I don't know why I didn't think of that. That actually looks much better. It blends in nicer. What did you do to get that effect? Was it just burning it in a little?

Yeah that effect is much nicer.

I am very impressed. You have taken the blended exposure technique to a whole new artistic level.

yeah just a little burning.... you could do much better with the original and a little blurring here and there and making the shadows fit with the actual light in the pic

Nice. That's a great idea. This was my project for class and unfortunately I didn't have enough time to even try this effect. I will definately keep that in mind for next time tho. Thanks for the tip! :)

Most reactions

Back