its been a while...

gardy90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.picasaweb.google.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so its been quite some time since Ive been around here, the usual summer being busy. well i picked up a new lens a few days ago and went for a short walk and came out with a few nice photos. any C&C welcome. Thanks

DSC_5004.JPG

DSC_4995.JPG

DSC_4974.JPG

1. I love the contrast in this picture. I would def put it on my wall!
2. I like the brightness of this pic, its well centered and level and yeah, I'd probably put it on my wall too!
3. Doesn't really grab my interest.

I think I'd like #1 more if the ground and building were completely silhouetted, with just the tracks gleaming like they are. Nice sky.

#2 would probably be really popular on a stock photo site, lol.

#3 Nice sky again, but I think a flash or reflector to light the train car? would have made it better.

Nice pics. What lens did you pick up?

i got a used nikon 18-70 f/3.5-4.5, just had to wander around playing with it, with the first shot i think i bit of neg exposure comp. would have done the trick, it was hard to tell how it came out after shooting it because the sun was still real bright, but i did use spot metering and metered off of the sky. the stop sign was just a random shot that happened to turn out great. and as for the 3rd one i didnt have much chance to mess around with that scene because Security Forces was doing an exercise shortley and i had to leave, and thats a Transporter Erector used for transportation and emplacement MinuteMan 3 ICBM's :)

Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles! I guess that's why it says "Caution" on the bottom. But how is the intended target supposed to see the warning sticker?

they dont launch from there, thats how they are transported and placed into silos.., i have some photos ill dig up to show yall, bear with me a few min..

39811_1240934857991_1067893275_757690_3664930_n.jpg

14747_1240934937993_1067893275_757691_7828723_n.jpg

these are pretty crappy, were taken with P&S right before a blizzard, FYI this is training only thats the only reason there is pics haha

39811_1240934857991_1067893275_757690_3664930_n.jpg

14747_1240934937993_1067893275_757691_7828723_n.jpg

these are pretty crappy, were taken with P&S right before a blizzard, FYI this is training only thats the only reason there is pics haha

So this is how my tax dollars say "Go **** yourself!" to our enemies? A very impressive site. I would imagine if this missile was actually being used at the time it might be a security issue, you taking pics and all.

So if this was overturned along my morning commute there would be a major tie up?

you bet it would, but since your out east i wouldn't worry too much, lookup "minuteman 3 icbm" on google and youll find a hell of a lot more pics and some insight on where there at, just a hint theres 500 of them give or take.. haha

They don't have anything like that at Willow Grove AFB lol. But it's the longest runway on the eastern seaboard!

Oh yeah I never commented on your photos.

#1 I don't like the center vanishing point I would like this better if it went off to the side, not right down the middle. The sky is well exposed, might be a good HDR candidate if that's what you were going for.

#2 It's a stop sign. I'm not sure what else to say about this one.

#3 Another good HDR candidate. I think a better composition, cropping, might help this photo.

Most reactions

Back