It's finished!

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been working on a project that was about my hearing impairment/deafness. It started out being about sign language in general. Then it kinda became more personal and I wanted it to be more about me and my family. Dad and I finished it up tonight.

DSC01022.jpg

DSC01026-1.jpg

DSC01023.jpg

These were just a couple snapshots I took of the whole thing. I'm going to set it up in the studio sometime soon and get better pictures of it for myself. The little rectangles on the white board are magnets. Each one has a letter done in ASL. I hope it goes over well with my class and then gets accepted into the show I want to submit it to.

Very Nice :)

I love the frame...does the frame spell something out? The only sign I recognize is \|__/ (I donno if my little diagram will make sense...but it makes sense to me :))

top two letters are D and E, bottom two are A and F = deaf. On the said is S and L = sign language. It's not really supposed to be obvious but if you pick up on it, then great. The frame was my Dad's work. I made the picture border but he created the 5" wide frame to go around it. We glued down the picture borders and he had some black framing to go around the inside and outside. The whole thing is 33"x38" and heavy.

I hope this gets accepted into the Muskegon show! It's gonna be a pain to ship up.

I didnt get the S and L part, but picked up on DEAF right away. Very cool.

This is a very nice work and I do hope for you that you will get a chance to show it, even though shipping will be a pain, as you say. But this needs to be shown to a wider group, for I really like what you did.

Let me ask you a very silly question (which I need to ask since I don't know any hearing-impaired persons): in sign language there are signs for whole words, even expressions? AND there is an alphabet? So you can spell out words or names, for example? Sorry if my question is too stupid, but I really don't know.

Thats pretty cool :) I like the pictures around the border.

Yes, in sign language, there's the alphabet which more or less forms the base for sign language. Many signs combine the letter signs and movement for certain words. The alphabet is considered finger spelling.

And thank you for your kind words! I do hope shipping won't be too much. It's the packaging of this I need to figure out first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back