It's Friday! Time for a chuckle... at my expense!!!!!

How in the world did it put itself into reverse? That seems like a pretty big deal... and warrants investigation / repair.

It's strange because I trained myself 40 years ago to stop, put the vehicle in Park, release the brake pedal..... and then pause.... before opening the door. That way, if I'm not truly in Park, I should start rolling. Which I didn't. I had time to get out, walk over to the van, get in, back it up, realize that I'm not lined up with the drive, pull forward, then start backing up again, all before the truck started to move.

And if my driveway was wide enough to fit two cars, but can't get in or out the doors, I'd either park them in diagonals (one front left, the other back right) so I can get either out without moving the other and the doors aren't blocked, or I'd back in the one on the right so each drivers doors faces outward.

I absolutely despise jockeying the van to get to the SL. If I could avoid it through clever parking, I most surely would.

Trust me... I've tried to park side-by-side. However, although I have the ability to do so, one vehicle must be so close to the house and the other so close to it that I can't open the door to get in/out that it requires moving the other vehicle anyway. I have to room on the other side of the driveway to work with as it's the property line.

My neighbor says the previous owner was able to park side-by-side, but he had compact cars which were short enough to stagger so the door of one car cleared the bumper of the other. Although this is a Ranger and not a 'full size' pickup, it's an extended cab. And the van is an E250. So their physical size alone precludes any other arrangement but bumper-to-bumper.

As horrible as it may seem, in the grand scheme of life it's really not going to be the end of days.

Concrete.

Comes in ready-mix trucks.

:headbang:

They got driveways in New York City? Heck I thought everybody double parked, ignored tickets and if he owned a vehicle, they usually had to park it a mile or so from where they live if they were lucky.:allteeth:

Yah this is true. Mostly.

But I eventually managed to buy a house. Detached. 1/5 acre. With a 2 car garage. Needless to say this is not typical.

Funny stuff.

Color match on that color sucks, wrestled with it a few times in my days painting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ford has had these issue from decades back and there was a recall on 2011-2012 F series Pick ups that can be selected in reverse with out ever depressing the brake pedal. There was a problem with the brake shift interlock. I went through this when I worked for a retired police officer/mechanic opened his own private repair shop and gave me a job when I was a Kid. He was working On a Ford Car maybe a crown vic while it was running.It jumped gear went out of the bay and T-Boned another customers car.Crushed the side doors In. I don't recall if GM had this issue but ford was famous for it.

Most reactions

Back